Name by name, Barack Obama's Cabinet taking shape
"Look Them Up And check their records !
Energy and environment: Steven Chu, at top, is Barack Obama's reported choice for Energy Secretary, and Lisa Jackson is being tapped for the EPA.Day by day, name by name, President-elect Barack Obama's Cabinet is taking shape, and other top jobs are being filled. Here's a look at who has made the list and who is being talked about for jobs that are still open:
• Treasury Secretary: Timothy Geithner, president of Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
• Secretary of State: Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y.
• Attorney General: Eric Holder, former deputy attorney general.
• Defense Secretary: Robert Gates, a holdover from Bush administration.
• Homeland Security Secretary: Gov. Janet Napolitano, D-Ariz.
• National Security Adviser: Retired Marine Gen. James Jones.
• Commerce Secretary: Gov. Bill Richardson, D-N.M.
• National Economic Council Director: Lawrence Summers, former treasury secretary.
• Office of Management and Budget Director: Peter Orszag, director of Congressional Budget Office.
• Veterans Affairs Secretary: Retired Gen. Eric K. Shinseki.
• Health and Human Services Secretary: Former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle, D-S.D.
• Energy Secretary: Steven Chu, director of the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and a Nobel Prize-winning physicist.
• EPA administrator: Lisa P. Jackson, former commissioner of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection.
• U.S. Trade Representative: Rep. Xavier Becerra, D-Calif.