1. #1 Blackbird Web Browser 
    :eek:

Wait, why do I need a special web browser? I mean, I get there's been a long standing digital divide between black America and the technological world (controlled by The Man). But do I really need a repackaged piece of software whose name evokes the Jim Crow era?

Last time I checked, I don't physically browse the internet any different than anyone else—evidenced by the fact that Blackbird UI looks exactly like Firefox (both are based around Mozilla), except, you know, with a black color scheme. And great, it comes preloaded with a bunch of bookmarks that might be of interest to the black community. But I'm pretty sure the same thing can be accomplished with an effectively marketed website (black people DO know how to use Google, after all. Shocker!).

Maybe 40A, Inc. meant well with Blackbird, but it comes off as a lazy marketing ploy that plays on the emotions of people who are (admittedly) still marginalized when it comes to the online world. And playing along with the notion that blacks and whites (or anyone, for that matter) can't enjoy any of the same things, is the same retarded line of antiquated, ethno-centric thinking that the internet is supposed to destroy. Blah. [Blackbird]
    Debated if this should be here or under "bad jokes" in the humor section, but since it's more attempts to keep people divided, we'll drop it here.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    :eek:

Debated if this should be here or under "bad jokes" in the humor section, but since it's more attempts to keep people divided, we'll drop it here.

Could you provide a link???

I agree with the person who wrote this, it IS an attempt to divide people - or at least use that division as a marketing ploy.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

The link is in the smiley. I guess I should have marked it better.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    The link is in the smiley. I guess I should have marked it better.
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the smiley to contain the link. That's kind of cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone use the smiley to contain the link. That's kind of cool.
    That's what I thought. I couldn't think of anything funny to call the link, so I tried putting the smiley in there and it worked.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    The smiley was about the only place I didn't check!! That IS kind of cool.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

That's what I thought. I couldn't think of anything funny to call the link, so I tried putting the smiley in there and it worked.
    I'm not worthy. I don't even know how to rename it without changing the link. Techno DUmmy; that's me.:(
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

:D