1. #1 United suspends pet cargo flights 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    by Aaron Smith @AaronSmithCNN
    March 20, 2018: 11:32 AM ET

United Airlines said it's suspending a program that transports pets in cargo holds.

It will stop accepting new reservations for its PetSafe program, though it will honor any reservations made through March 20, the airline said.

The suspension comes as United (UAL) reviews its pet transport policies, a process that should be completed by May 1.

"We're going to do a top-to-bottom review of the PetSafe operation," said United spokesman Charlie Hobart. "Our goal is to continue to ensure the safety and comfort of pets and all animals that fly with us."

Probably a good idea...
    May the FORCE be with you!

I don't bring my dog anywhere I can't drive her to. Anywhere else, she either gets to go to the kennel or to my sister's house. I don't trust airlines with my safety, I'm certainly not going to trust them with my dog.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't bring my dog anywhere I can't drive her to. Anywhere else, she either gets to go to the kennel or to my sister's house. I don't trust airlines with my safety, I'm certainly not going to trust them with my dog.
    I agree. A United employee that we know said there have been problems with service people's pups transported from places like Hawaii. I would never let Bella or Cricket ride on any airline. They go with us all the time. We really need to find a petsitter, but Cricket, the rescue pup, is just starting to emerge after 15 months from her terror of people. She's starting to cuddle with us instead of with our greyhound, Bella. Seeing her trust us is a good thing. Would love to have a chat with whoever frightened that poor little dog so much.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I agree. A United employee that we know said there have been problems with service people's pups transported from places like Hawaii. I would never let Bella or Cricket ride on any airline. They go with us all the time. We really need to find a petsitter, but Cricket, the rescue pup, is just starting to emerge after 15 months from her terror of people. She's starting to cuddle with us instead of with our greyhound, Bella. Seeing her trust us is a good thing. Would love to have a chat with whoever frightened that poor little dog so much.

My dog is a rescue Jack Russell mix. She is terrified of certain things-most children, all teenaged boys, and some young men. Also, the windshield wipers and any dog that is bigger than her. Yet she loves my mom, my sister, my BIL, my mom's little dog, and my sister's teenagers (girls). She also likes my adult cousins (young men) and my uncle.

But I joke that some teenaged boy did something awful to her in a car during a rainstorm.