1. #1 This is where "social justice" leads: crime victim get prison time for epithet 
    Power CUer
    The original story is here. A South African white woman was attacked in a "smash and grab robbery" by a black male. (Anyone who has done time in an American city gets the picture.) When the woman complained to her friends about the crime against her, using the racial slur "kaffir", someone got it on video and posted it on the net. She got a TWO YEAR sentence for the use of the word. You can bet the criminal got nada. Some pigs are more equal than others.

White South African Woman Vicki Momberg Gets 2 Years in Prison for Using Racist Slur After Being Robbed (VIDEO)
    http://thegatewaypundit.com/2018/03/...-robbed-video/

In 2016 South Africa real estate agent Vicki Momberg was the victim of a ‘smash and grab’ robbery in Johannesburg.

But what she did next made national headlines.
    Vicki called a friend and angrily lashed out at the “kaffirs” who robbed her.

Momberg told her friend, “The kaffirs here in J-burg are terrible.”

The k-word is an offensive term for blacks in South Africa.

On Wednesday Vicki Momberg was sentenced to...prison for using the racist term.

Vicki Momberg is the first person in South African history to be sentenced to serve time for using a racial slur.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0yEuEESEQ

Of all the amendments to the Constitution, the First Amendment is most important--just after the Second Amendment which allows all the others to exist.

Power CUer
    And here's another one from Britain: a man is likely to get jail time for a dumb joke.

Free Speech is Dead in Britain
    https://spectator.org/free-speech-is-dead-in-britain/

...Last April, Mark Meechan, a YouTuber who goes by the name “Count Dankula” was arrested for a supposed hate crime. His crime, according to British authorities, was the incitement of anti-semitism in a “grossly offensive” video. Was Meechan ranting and raving in support of Adolf Hitler to get such a serious charge? No, he made a joke video in which he taught a pug to do the Nazi salute. The video was clearly made as a joke, and even Meechan admits that it was a dumb one. Despite this, on March 20th, the court found Meechan guilty, though sentencing has been deferred to April 23rd. A man who simply made a joke will likely be imprisoned, a nightmare for advocates of free speech. Many have rushed to Meechan’s defense, including Ricky Gervais who tweeted that “A man has been convicted in a UK court of making a joke that was deemed “grossly offensive”. If you don’t believe in a person’s right to say things that you might find “grossly offensive”, then you don’t believe in Freedom of Speech.”

While this is the first case in which someone seriously faces jail time for a joke in Britain, free speech is being cracked down on all around. Earlier this month, another case came to a conclusion at Folkestone Magistrates’ Court. Britain First leaders Paul Golding and Jayda Fransen were charged with “religiously aggravated harassment” for their verbal attacks on four rapists. Golding was sentenced to 18 weeks in prison, Fransen was sentenced to nine months. In addition to this, Britain First’s Facebook page, which was followed by around two million people, was removed from the internet.

The acts that led to these charges include going to the homes of the rapists and shouting at them to come out and speak, in one case they went to wrong address and in another, the rapist was not home, but his partner and children were. There was no evidence on camera of either Golding or Fransen using racial slurs. The judge admitted this, saying that “the video that was played to the court did not amount to threatening, abusive or insulting words or behavior.” While Fransen and Golding’s actions were certainly not polite, their sentences are completely ridiculous. In addition to imprisonment based on their activity, the very lives of the Britain First leaders are at risk. Earlier this week at HMP Emley, Golding was beaten by two inmates. There are many Islamic prison gangs in Britain, and it’s likely that both Golding and Fransen have bounties on their heads...

Kaffir is the South African version of the n-word. It's really offensive, and like the n-word, I wouldn't ever use it. It's still not as offensive as strong-armed robbery.

Peace between black and white in South Africa died with Nelson Mandela. It's like his ex-wife took over.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Kaffir is the South African version of the n-word. It's really offensive, and like the n-word, I wouldn't ever use it. It's still not as offensive as strong-armed robbery.

Peace between black and white in South Africa died with Nelson Mandela. It's like his ex-wife took over.
    I understand the word and its connotations. I also know there is a famous novel with the word in the title. It was promoted by a liberal book club some years back. Would you suggest that novelist go to prison as well?

There was never meant to be peace between black and white in Africa. Africa as a continent is mineral and oil rich. Certain global companies and governments lusted after its contents. White governments needed to be removed to allow these interests to wreak havoc on black-run nations. It used to be European and US intelligence agencies. Now China is heavily involved.

Black Africa is being raped by globalist concerns, but South Africa's black leaders are focusing on putting people in jail for hurting their feelings. That is where "social justice" leads. "Social justice" is a chimera to follow while the realpolitik globalists take everything that isn't nailed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I understand the word and its connotations. I also know there is a famous novel with the word in the title. It was promoted by a liberal book club some years back. Would you suggest that novelist go to prison as well?

There was never meant to be peace between black and white in Africa. Africa as a continent is mineral and oil rich. Certain global companies and governments lusted after its contents. White governments needed to be removed to allow these interests to wreak havoc on black-run nations. It used to be European and US intelligence agencies. Now China is heavily involved.

Black Africa is being raped by globalist concerns, but South Africa's black leaders are focusing on putting people in jail for hurting their feelings. That is where "social justice" leads. "Social justice" is a chimera to follow while the realpolitik globalists take everything that isn't nailed down.
    I wasn't suggesting anyone go to prison for using language. I'm just saying I don't use that type of language, and I don't like it when other people do so in public.

Winnie Mandela died over the weekend, too. Without a burning tire around her neck.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wasn't suggesting anyone go to prison for using language. I'm just saying I don't use that type of language, and I don't like it when other people do so in public.

Winnie Mandela died over the weekend, too. Without a burning tire around her neck.
    I'm more on George Carlin's side of the matter:

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I'm more on George Carlin's side of the matter:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+eleventy
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi