1. #1 Tesla Recalls More Than 100K Vehicles As Company’s Troubles Stack Up 
    Tesla is recalling pre-April 2016 Model S vehicles to retrofit a corrosive power steering component as the company continues to experience dramatic financial downturn.

The Silicon Valley-based car company is performing a voluntary recall of the flagship over “excessive corrosion in the power steering bolts, though only in very cold climates,” according to an email customers received late Thursday. The recall comes after Tesla’s stock downgraded to near junk status.

The issue has not led to any accidents or injuries and doesn’t impact the Model X sport utility vehicle or more affordable Model 3. The recall affects 123,000 vehicles around the world — done out of precaution, Tesla said in the email.

“Nonetheless, Tesla plans to replace all early Model S power steering bolts in all climates worldwide to account for the possibility that the vehicle may later be used in a highly corrosive environment,” the automaker noted. The headwinds are getting stiffer for the beleaguered company.
    What is a "corrosive environment" , somewhere that has rain?

http://www.dailycaller.com/2018/03/3...l-s-elon-musk/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Musk is a huckster, great sales guy who has launched companies and rockets to outer space with cars on them. Yes, that and battery factory, cars, rocket ships and the boy is a mile wide, trouble is he is only an inch deep. Over committed, over sold, over blown, under financed, the boat is sinking and unless he gets a life line he is just another Titanic story.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    .......Over committed, over sold, over blown, under financed, the boat is sinking and unless he gets a life line he is just another Titanic story.
    And it's all our money.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

He put together the people and resources to do this:

I wish him the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    What is a "corrosive environment" , somewhere that has rain?

http://www.dailycaller.com/2018/03/3...l-s-elon-musk/
    A community that uses salt to clear snow from streets. A coastal area with salt in the air from the spray from waves.

Tesla is in California, well away from the Sierras and not on the coast (SF Bay is pretty calm, waves are hardly worthy of the name, near San Carlos and Fremont). Tesla is an electric drive control and battery capacity management company. The rest of the car is a rolling container for the battery, motor, electronics, and people. So I don't think mundane things like corrosion prevention/mitigation were on the radar screen of Tesla's design teams.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by old dog View Post
    He put together the people and resources to do this:

I wish him the best.
    Success in one endeavor does not define a devious person. Tesla is living off federal monies, over promising, under delivering and investors are figuring that out.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Success in one endeavor does not define a devious person. Tesla is living off federal monies, over promising, under delivering and investors are figuring that out.
    I honestly don't care. I'm not buying his car or stock in his car company. I would buy stock in SpaceX if it were publicly held.