Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Christmas is my holiday. This year, I am keeping it simple..

    Antipasto with assorted cheeses, sopressata, olives, fresh mozarella with roasted red peppers and garlic bread

    Fettucini Alfredo served with Roasted Shrimp

    Wedge Salad with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, bacon served with Blue Cheese dressing

    Dessert will probably be apple turnovers in puff pastry, baked right before serving and I'll add a scoop of vanilla icecream.
    That sounds delicious.

    It looks like we're going with lobster tails and either prime rib (if it's at my sister's house) or file mignon (if it's at my house).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    please!!

    It looks like I may cave in and acquiesce to my family's request that I host Christmas dinner. I have absolutely no idea what I will serve.

    It looks like there will probably be about 14 people total...including one kid who is allergic to shellfish (there goes my easy idea of lobster tail, baked potato, and corn!)
    When I had to do the hosting - I always did roast beef. :) if I was going to host this year - I'd do the salt crusted beef that was posted.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    That sounds delicious.

    It looks like we're going with lobster tails and either prime rib (if it's at my sister's house) or file mignon (if it's at my house).
    How do you prepare your lobster tails? I was thinking about doing them..but I'm afraid I'll screw them up and it's an expensive mistake...:o
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    How do you prepare your lobster tails? I was thinking about doing them..but I'm afraid I'll screw them up and it's an expensive mistake...:o
    Frequently I bake them, but I just saw a recipe where you put them in a pan, on about medium low heat, with enough butter to cover them. Let them "braise" in the butter until their done (about 5 - 7 minutes, depending on the size of them).

    My seafood shop is really good about giving me specific directions, as I agree about an expensive screw up.

    One night I made them, and on about the second bite I realized mine was under cooked (almost sushi like). As I got up to throw it back in my guest gave me his and said it was also undercooked. He had taken many more bites and wasn't going to say a word (and he hates sushi!!). He got extra brownie points for that!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Frequently I bake them, but I just saw a recipe where you put them in a pan, on about medium low heat, with enough butter to cover them. Let them "braise" in the butter until their done (about 5 - 7 minutes, depending on the size of them).

    I found this and it seems easy enough....


    http://www.lobsterhelp.com/butterfly-lobster-tails.htm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Maybe I'll scratch my antipasto and serve this after my Fettucini Alfredo?

    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Maybe I'll scratch my antipasto and serve this after my Fettucini Alfredo?

    That looks delicious. But I think with the fettucine, it will be too much food. You could just do the lobster tails with the fettucine. Otherwise, you've got two major starches and 3 proteins. That's a huge meal!!

    I decided on the surf and turf because 1) it's relatively easy; and 2) the tails were on sale for about $13.00 a piece (7 ounce tails). They normally go for about $40/pound at this place. But only the adults are getting the lobsters. It would be wasted on the kids!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Maybe I'll scratch my antipasto and serve this after my Fettucini Alfredo?
    I love you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    I love you.
    lol
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    That looks delicious. But I think with the fettucine, it will be too much food. You could just do the lobster tails with the fettucine. Otherwise, you've got two major starches and 3 proteins. That's a huge meal!!
    True...I'll probably change my mind 5 times before I decide on the menu....I get stupid anxiety over a menu when I am entertaining. :o
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •