1. #1 Students demand 'POC-only space' at NYC university 
    Students at The New School in New York City are demanding that administrators set aside a space for people of color to “exist without the pressures of white supremacy.”

“Please support students of color @TheNewSchool @EugeneLang for a poc-only space on campus,” one student tweeted on March 27, along with pictures of posters reading, “Claiming Our Space,” and “Support Students of Color Demanding a POC-Only Space.”

"The New School doesn’t have a space dedicated to students of color...A space for us to have privacy under the errant white gaze at our school."

“Students of color at The New School deserve a space. And not just a space that exists once a week or whenever our overtly white administration decides they want more diversity favors. We deserve a permanent space,” another student, going by “trashgawdd,” tweeted, urging readers to sign an attached petition.

Titled, “Open Letter for Student of Color-Only Space at The New School,” the petition is sponsored by student leaders from SOC Weekly, Autonomous South Asian Collective, La XENTE, Queer Collective, and the Black Student Union.
    https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10729
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Great idea. Give them their own drinking fountains and bathrooms.

I'm amazed at the progress we've made in race relations in the past 50 years....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Sounds like what they wanted to get rid of back in the segregation days.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Sounds like what they wanted to get rid of back in the segregation days.

That's what I thought after reading it and I'm a liberal!

I also didn't realize white supremacy was such a problem in NYC or at NYU.

I think the demands for blacks-only dorms in UC schools started in the late 70s. It's sad, but the time between MLK's assassination and the start of the betrayal of the dream he expressed in his March on Washington speech was only about a decade.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

here you go DUmmies...

Happy now?
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM