1. #1 President Bush reflects on struggle with alcohol 
    Sonnabend
    I've edited the thread title slightly.

http://www.democraticunderground.com...641597#3641616

sabra Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Dec-11-08 05:23 PM
    Original message
    Bush reflects on struggle with alcohol Updated at 2:27 PM

Advertisements [?]
    Source: CNN

WASHINGTON (CNN) President Bush reflected on his own struggle with alcohol in a White House meeting today to tout gains in the war on drug abuse.

CNN was the only media outlet invited to attend the entire meeting, which other reporters joined in the final minutes for remarks from the president.

Several in the room, including Don Coyhis of Colorado Springs, Colorado who runs a program targeting Native Americans battling substance abuse, were recovered addicts or alcoholics.

Bush, who quit drinking at the age of 40, was impressed.

"Congratulations on thirty years of sobriety," the president told Coyhis. "I'm eight years behind you."

"One of the most striking aspects of being president is the power of prayer in my life. I feel it," said Mr. Bush. "Some days are happy. Some days are not so happy. But every day is joyous."

Read more: http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/12/11/32435 /
    now this

Botany Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Dec-11-08 05:29 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. One more lie from bush

Edited on Thu Dec-11-08 05:38 PM by Botany
    "Congratulations on thirty years of sobriety," the president told Coyhis. "I'm eight years behind you."

The man is still drinking. The drink he is drinking here is made w/ 190 proof brandy.
    Pix from Nov. 2008.
    what you see is a drink that looks milky..I'd be very interested to know how this DUmmy can tell whats in the glass from a photo..looks like antacid, or cream, or an eggnog, or other drinks.

Second photo was taken at a swimming pool where he slipped, which is nothing unusual. The area is slippery as hell, the air is moist, and slips and falls in indoor pools are common. Thats why there are huge NO RUNNING signs everywhere.

I can think of another reason...he slipped because he was tired after a long flight and an even longer day. Jet lag is common for long distance travellers.

The third photo is him talking to someone,. Beats me how the DUmmie can extrapolate anything.

awoke_in_2003 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Dec-11-08 07:52 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    26. Yep, recovered my ass...

I am a drinker, and know more than a few drunks. The pics you post are only a few instances. How many times have we seen him slurring his words, with a goofy look on his face, or looking disheveled. How many injuries have been apparent on his face. He makes Gerald Ford look graceful. Here lately, he is almost always red faced. And what about that incident where he started giving Merkel a shoulder massage? Sober people do not do this.
    I've seen sober people do worse. He looked disheveled, thats proof?

wizstars (276 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Dec-11-08 06:12 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    14. He is our Mugabe n/t
    Uh....no.

smiley (217 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Dec-11-08 05:48 PM
    Response to Reply #4
    6. Same here

and I also think the man still has a cocaine habit. Every time I watch him speak in public, he has signs consistent with a person who just did a line of coke. His jaw is constantly moving back and forth. Anyone who has ever been a party to this drug knows exactly what I'm talking about.
    Well, lets see a photo of an admitted coke user and drug user, shall we, as a comparison.

Anyone see it?

SheilaT Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Dec-11-08 06:46 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    21. I don't believe I've ever been around

someone who has just done a line of coke, so I'm oblivious to those signs. But that's very interesting to hear.
    Ya mean like Obamaramalamadingdong?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yet another BDS filled thread from the DUmp.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yet another BDS filled thread from the DUmp.
    It appears that everyone at DU commented on the article over at CNN as well. Their hatred for Bush has consumed them and once he is gone from office it wont stop. They will die lonely shriveled up old people.