Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    The more obnoxious the Antifoids make themselves the more they alienate normal people. I hate saying this, but there are probably some Pro-Life people who voted for Snoopy rather than Trump who need to learn the unwisdom of that vote.
    Wait, Snoopy was running?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    These assholes think they're morally superior to everyone else.

Besides that, they think somehow that they're the rebel, standing up to " The Man".
    But nothing could be farther from the truth.

The whole idea is to give power to the people, these jerkazoids think it a great idea to give more and more power to the State, you know " The Man ".

Besides, if your teachers, administrators and student organizations all agree with you, how the fuck are you rebelling?
    ANTIFA is working to take rights away from individuals and give it to the State. Pardon me, but last time I heard that was Fascism.
    You know, that thing they call everyone who doesn't agree with their whiny ass 112% of the time.

So until they can understand things like Free Speech and Individualism, fuck them, the horse they rode in on and the sorry bastard who saddled it for them.
    I don't think these activists have actually thought it through. In fact, I think most of them (at least the core) are being paid to do this.

They are just a bunch of violent thugs who are out there causing havoc under some bull shit protest agenda. We need an anti antifa group to corral them beat the living shit out of them. unmask them and photograph them. then post their photos on the internet.

The fact that they are allowed to show up with their faces covered wearing helmets with shields and pepper spray is unconshionable. the cops know they are there just to cause trouble and destroy property and they need to be taken to task. if the cops don't act they need to be taken to task as well.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Old n Grumpy View Post
    They are just a bunch of violent thugs who are out there causing havoc under some bull shit protest agenda. We need an anti antifa group to corral them beat the living shit out of them. unmask them and photograph them. then post their photos on the internet.

The fact that they are allowed to show up with their faces covered wearing helmets with shields and pepper spray is unconshionable. the cops know they are there just to cause trouble and destroy property and they need to be taken to task. if the cops don't act they need to be taken to task as well.
    I wonder if you aren't right. However, some of these protests have specific goals. Take a look at this situation:

Students have been occupying Howard's administration building for 7 days now
    http://lizzadisu.blogspot.in/2018/04...g-howards.html

... The protest, spearheaded by the student group HU Resist, continued even after the school's board of trustees agreed over the weekend to meet one of the protesters' demands in a bid to end an occupation that started on March 29.

"We have officially reached our 7th day occupying A Building!" HU Resist tweeted. "Because of our supporters and student participants we are able to continue to fight. Nothing will stop us from demanding the change we deserve!"The university board agreed to the first of nine students demand -- "adequate housing for all students under the age of 21 and extend the fall 2018 housing deposit deadline to May 1," according to Alexis McKenney, a Howard student and lead organizer of HU Resist.

But the several hundred students said to be occupying the administration building have refused to leave until the university agrees to its other eight demands, including the resignation of the President Wayne A.I. Frederick.
    What the students claim to be angry at is the financial aid inequality going on at Howard:

The protests started after an investigation found last year that some university employees were receiving grants from the school to attend classes while also receiving tuition remission, earning more money than their education cost and pocketing the difference. The university confirmed the results of the investigation, but did not say how much money may have been misappropriated.
    University employees were legally "double-dipping": they already get tuition remission for being employees and some of them got grants on top of that. They were basically not spending any money and getting a refund for tuition as well.

These students are angry over money. They are taking this opportunity to get everything they can squeeze out of Howard. CNN is aiding and abetting them by calling the Howard situation an "embezzlement."

EZ: You got 1 hr to drag your filthy butts out of this building, don't do it, calling in the City Police and Country Sheriff, we will press full charges on all and if by some chance you go to school here you don't any more, missed test to be in the building, you just failed a test.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    EZ: You got 1 hr to drag your filthy butts out of this building, don't do it, calling in the City Police and Country Sheriff, we will press full charges on all and if by some chance you go to school here you don't any more, missed test to be in the building, you just failed a test.
    The administration is admittedly cowardly. They actually met the students' demands late yesterday:
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ds-with-a-deal

...Among the changes agreed to in the dayslong negotiation is an overhaul of the school's sexual assault policy, the creation of a food bank to serve students and the surrounding community and a review of policies allowing campus police officers to carry weapons, WAMU member station reporter Patrick Madden told NPR.

...Some additional terms to which the university has agreed to include:

• Students will have a voice in selecting the student ombudsperson, who will be a graduate student, will report to the vice president for student affairs and is expected to attend the Board Student Life and Affairs Committee meetings to make reports.

• Subject to approval, university "stakeholders will engage with the student body, to provide a forum to convey concerns regarding all aspects of student life to the Board as needed."

• "The Board agrees to establish a task force, co-chaired by a student, with representation from the Howard student body and Howard administration to review existing grievance mechanisms at the University, and best practices at other universities, and establishing a grievance system that holds faculty, administrators and students accountable in their language and actions towards anyone in the Howard community."
    What any of this has to do with double dipping employees I don't know. They just took advantage of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Wait, Snoopy was running?

Snoopy beat out Pat Paulsen and Harold Stassen in the primaries. Their campaigns were kind of dead.

Besides, Snoopy is a war hero.

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    Snoopy beat out Pat Paulsen and Harold Stassen in the primaries. Their campaigns were kind of dead.

Of course. He got the Red Baron singlehandedly. (Or single-pawedly?)

Snoopy is more of a war hero than John McCain. I bet if we ran him in California, we could get a win. Anyone who would not vote for Snoopy could be called "speciesist" and we could shame them as bigots.

Snoopy is certainly more of a war hero than Blumenthal;
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys