Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Nevada's brothels hit hard times 
    Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    According to George Flint, Director of the Nevada Brothel Owners' Association, revenue for the 25 businesses in his membership organization is down by as much as 45 percent. The reason: Sex for money may be recession resistant but it's not recession proof. "Business is in a lower slump than I've ever seen it before," Flint says.

In Nevada, the world's oldest profession has been very lucrative. In a typical year, legal brothels generate about $50 million in total revenue and have an economic impact of about $400 million on the state. But in the last 18 months the industry's cash flow has taken a dive. Why? Like other businesses around the country, bordellos throughout the state are feeling the pinch of rising gas prices and a weak economy.

Media exposure certainly has its benefits. Featured in the ongoing HBO reality series, Cathouse, Hof's Bunny Ranch is going strong. While others brothels saw a slump in revenues, Hof experienced a 30 percent jump in May. But he's not resting on his laurels. Last week he began offering a recession special: The first 100 customers who show up with their tax rebate checks receive twice the "services" for the price of one. "We always give our customers the most bang for the buck," he says. "You bring your $600 check in, and we give you the $1,200 George Bush party--three girls and a bottle of champagne." That's one way to stimulate the, um, economy.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/141848
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    CW hasn't been out that way lately. How selfish of him!
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    CW hasn't been out that way lately. How selfish of him!
    Somehow, when I saw the thread title, one reply, and that reply by Shannon, I knew that I'd be referenced. :D As I've said many times, I've never frequented Nevada brothels, as from what I've seen they're overpriced and offer goods well past their sell date. If anyone would like that sort of entertainment in LV outside of the government regulated brothel scene, there are much better and more cost effective sources. :D

When do the sales start?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Somehow, when I saw the thread title, one reply, and that reply by Shannon, I knew that I'd be referenced. :D As I've said many times, I've never frequented Nevada brothels, as from what I've seen they're overpriced and offer goods well past their sell date. If anyone would like that sort of entertainment in LV outside of the government regulated brothel scene, there are much better and more cost effective sources. :D
    I thought you went for the high dollar sophisticated whores. Now, you are telling us that $600 for 3 broads is too much or maybe what you are saying is from what you have seen the merchandise is overpriced.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I thought you went for the high dollar sophisticated whores. Now, you are telling us that $600 for 3 broads is too much or maybe what you are saying is from what you have seen the merchandise is overpriced.
    I was making a general comment on their prices, not on their "special." From what I've read and seen in various places in the media and the internets, their normal rate is in the range of $2000 for a girl, most of whom seem (again from observation only) past their prime. I've also read some reviews of specific girls there and they've not been particularly good.

Banned
    I was making a general comment on their prices, not on their "special." From what I've read and seen in various places in the media and the internets, their normal rate is in the range of $2000 for a girl, most of whom seem (again from observation only) past their prime. I've also read some reviews of specific girls there and they've not been particularly good.
    From what I have seen in the media, they are all overpriced. The Spitzer slut was a good example.

Power CUer
    C'mon, where's your economic spirit? Put that "economic stimulus" check to work! :p

(I know what you're going to say, and I'm not getting one, either).

I guess I'm still amazed that you can read "reviews" about whores. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I guess I'm still amazed that you can read "reviews" about whores. :D
    Very detailed reviews with details, checkboxes, and ratings (typicalliy 1-10) for a wide range of services and attributes. Remember the smart shopper is one who does his/her research beforehand (he's also the shopper least likely to run afoul of any nosy, nasty authorities). :D