Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sophia4 (2,123 posts)

4. The "Founding Fathers" were well educated men of the Enlightenment.

The Constitution is the result of their intellects working together.

The adoration of ignorance that is so common in our country today is what is wrong.

Whether the topic is racism or sexism or healthcare, no matter what it is, ignorance is the underlying problem.

When I lived in Europe, the academic achievements of candidates for office were part of the campaign information. Here, it sometimes is and sometimes isn't.

What was Trump's GPA? How did he do on the SATs? (If he took them.)

These are things we should all know.

Education is important. Sorry, guys, but it is.
    The Founders were educated, yes, but they were educated in practical things like surveying, medicine, law, etc not 13th century Polish existentialist poetry or modern African-American lesbian philosophy. Big difference. And I love questioning Trump's GPA and SAT scores when Obama got a court order sealing his.

Whether the topic is racism or sexism or healthcare, no matter what it is, ignorance is the underlying problem.
    And I'm quite sure in your pea brain only conservatives are ignorant, right? But let me ask you something you elitist asshole, if the only people in this country considered intelligent is someone who can flash a piece of paper, let me ask you. You're driving along and you blow a tire and said tire has a pressure sensor in it. What do you do? Go....oh, and you're not allowed to call AAA or some other auto club because they might send you someone who doesn't have a degree so, go. What do you do?
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 04-11-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    When it comes to humanities studies and all the identity politics majors I am against higher eduction. When it comes to engineering, mathematics or science studies I'm all for higher education. I use to be a fan of the humanities until it was destroyed by the liberals and post modernists. Now it is a course of liberal indoctrination.

I had an interesting mix of professors in my second-tier state university, but that was in the 1980s. I am a liberal, not a progressive. The liberal professors I had were more interested in getting good class discussions between students, not forcing others to take their point of view. Present it, but allow students to express criticism or objections. That's what a humanities or liberal arts education is supposed to be about-learning through both reading and class instruction/discussions.

There aren't enough trade/vocational school options. Even in my job, we push college on kids who are not necessarily interested in it. There is good money and reliable employment out there for trained plumbers, mechanics and electricians, too.

What was Trump's GPA? How did he do on the SATs? (If he took them.)

These are things we should all know.
    It only took the DUmmies 10 years to start caring about a president's college records again.
    Not PTArmigan. Just Anti Anti-gun.