Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 L.A. County To Pay Homeowners To Build Shelters in Back Yards For Homeless People 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    In August, the county Board of Supervisors approved a $550,000 pilot program to build a handful of small backyard houses, or upgrade illegally converted garages, for homeowners who agree to host a homeless person or family. Then in February, Bloomberg Philanthropies awarded L.A. a $100,000 Mayor's Challenge grant to study the feasibility of backyard homeless units within the city limits.

Rents under the county's pilot program would be covered by low-income vouchers, with tenants contributing 30% of their incomes. The county is also sponsoring a design competition, streamlining permits and providing technical aid and financing options.

While the idea of backyard homeless units might seem far-fetched, officials hope it could be a fast and relatively inexpensive way to house the most stable individuals among the 58,000 homeless people in L.A. County.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...411-story.html

Who would want that?
    Klaatu barada nikto

What could possibly go wrong?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Power CUer
    This program is ironic considering this:

How would they even have room in their back yards for a 2nd house, no matter how small. Most of the lots are relatively small.

Who would want strangers living in their yard and who would be silly enough to give up a chunk of their property? Well, maybe some of the libtards would advocate this program. Let them do it, just don't force it on unwilling participants.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post

Yeah really. And what happens when the homeless
    scum don't met the rent?? Who's going to throw them
    out??? Is the Board of Supervisors going to do it surrounded
    by the Libtard press and some crying POS??? Give me
    a fucking break.

Anyone volunteering their property for this
    program is a fool. Lets see how many of
    LA's Rich & Famous go for this...
    May the FORCE be with you!

What home owner in their right mind would agree to do this? The least awful risk would be that the person who would be excruciatingly difficult to evict would trash their yard and home. And far worse will happen to some if this program has home owners who participate.

Other practical complications-hurdles would be things like relevant mortgage provisions, setbacks mandated by zoning laws, water and sewage hook-ups ...
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Does LA have acres and acres of vacant lots in it's worst areas, like big cities in the Midwest? One of our homeless programs in Detroit is building tiny houses for the homeless. It's cheap, it's efficient and once the same program helps them get jobs, the people can afford to pay for them.

But there has to be safeguards, like at homeless shelters, that separate homeless families with children from homeless single people, or there are all kinds of things that can go badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post

Just remember that there is never a plan so stupid that its failure cannot be blamed on those who oppose it.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    What home owner in their right mind would agree to do this? The least awful risk would be that the person who would be excruciatingly difficult to evict would trash their yard and home. And far worse will happen to some if this program has home owners who participate.

Other practical complications-hurdles would be things like relevant mortgage provisions, setbacks mandated by zoning laws, water and sewage hook-ups ...
    Why would they need water and sewer hook ups ? I thought alleyways, lawns, car wheels, parks etc, in Southern California were acceptable as "sanitary sanctuaries" ?
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Is the city going to suspend building code requirements for these hovels?

Is the city going to indemnify the home owner if their "tennent" has a slip and fall injury on the home owner's property?

The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM