Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Californians set to vote on splitting into 3 States 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    California voters may get a chance at splitting their gargantuan state into three smaller entities this November, a welcome change for many who feel they aren’t adequately represented.

Venture capitalist Tim Draper initiated the petition (known as “CAL 3”), which has gotten nearly double the 365,880 signatures required to be on the ballot- occurring over 600,000 signatures.

The initiative would require congressional approval, but would essentially split the states into areas that could better represent those who live in them- a long-time source of contention mainly for those who don’t live along the southern coast.

In the words of Draper, “the citizens of the whole state would be better served by three smaller state governments while preserving the historical boundaries of the various counties, cities and towns.”

According to CBS Los Angeles, Democratic Party consultant Steven Maviglio has long opposed the idea, claiming that “Splitting California into three and creating three new governments does nothing to solve our state’s challenges other than tripling them.”

Those frustrated by sanctuary cities, stringent gun control and high taxes, however, may feel a little differently.

Klaatu barada nikto

I would end up in southern California, so I'm for it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Orange co, not sure where i would be.

One of the unmentioned benefits would be a reducing in the electoral college. California would no longer be the 800 lb gorilla.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    SoCal.
    Klaatu barada nikto

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rick View Post

One of the unmentioned benefits would be a reducing in the electoral college. California would no longer be the 800 lb gorilla.
    Orange County will be with Sandy Eggo, Riverside and San Bernardino. All relatively conservative areas.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

SoCal? NorCal? Cal? That's seriously what they're calling them? Maybe CtPa US is a better name.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fun Ball View Post
    SoCal? NorCal? Cal? That's seriously what they're calling them? Maybe CtPa US is a better name.
    No, the final names if passed will be decided by those who live in those new states.
    Klaatu barada nikto

The states of Winkin, Blinkin and Nod
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    No, the final names if passed will be decided by those who live in those new states.
    I'm fine with SoCal. Its how I reply anytime anyone asks where I'm from and if this passes, SoCal will be known as a conservative state, not a mamby pamby liberal sanctuary state.

Fruits, nuts and ???
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi