View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bump

Join the 1,080,039 people who have signed the petition
    Let's get them to 2,000,000. Thanks.

Join the 1,102,256 people who have signed the petition
    Don't forget to sign the petition if you agree.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 06-22-2008 at 12:02 AM.

I'm adding a poll to this thread, would like to know how the members think on this issue.

Join the 1,115,276 people who have signed the petition.

Every coastal town should have as many wells as mine.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Patent Member
    I want to drill, but we should only be pulling a small amount of oil from our reserves.

Why bother using our reserves when we can use theirs? Having the ability to ramp up production to meet demand will put them in a position where they would have to meet our price demands. Then if the bastards start getting uppity and threatening to exterminate us or our allies, we can refuse to buy middle eastern oil and start pumping our own.

Kick those caribou to the curb!

Opening up ANWR won't drop gas prices back to Ozzie and Harriet levels but it will a step toward lessening our dependence on foreign energy sources. I'm all for anything that would do that.

I signed the petition, SLW, although Newt scares me since he was in that Pelosi commercial. ;)

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Kick those caribou to the curb!

Opening up ANWR won't drop gas prices back to Ozzie and Harriet levels but it will a step toward lessening our dependence on foreign energy sources. I'm all for anything that would do that.

I signed the petition, SLW, although Newt scares me since he was in that Pelosi commercial. ;)
    ANWR alone might not, but allowing us to go after all of the oil we have ABSOLUTY would drop gas prices back to the $2.00 range.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    ANWR alone might not, but allowing us to go after all of the oil we have ABSOLUTY would drop gas prices back to the $2.00 range.
    To tell you the truth, dependence on foreign oil disturbs me more than the current prices. I would prefer to see a situation where the bulk of our energy needs can be met without using resources from the global commodities market.

We either drill here - to get us over the technological advancement time hump, or we secure more off-shore sources - via our armed forces.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    To tell you the truth, dependence on foreign oil disturbs me more than the current prices. I would prefer to see a situation where the bulk of our energy needs can be met without using resources from the global commodities market.
    Drilling for oil here does disturb me, but the consequences of not drilling frighten me more. I believe it was on the O'Reilly show this morning that they were talking about how Germany and Japan finally suffered defeat partially because their supply lines to oil were cut---no energy, couldn't keep going. They forgot to mention that atomic bomb over Nagasaki, but they were right about the consequences of no oil.

It's not just the price at the pump, but the far reaching consequences to our defense, even to our local governments. People forget the police departments, sanitation, street departments all consume gasoline. They're affected at the pump also.