View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    bump

Thanks for signing. Newt is one of the best minds in Washington. This proves that people are listening and fed up with business as usual. If anyone else agrees, would appreciate your looking at this petition. :)

It's gone up 40,000 signatures since last night. It's getting very close to that million mark. It should make those politicians sit up and take notice.

Update, it's just gone over the million mark, 1,000,222 when I last checked. Let's go for that next million. :D
    I signed but I'm not optimistic anything will happen.........look at immigration.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

I voted drill now.
    Although I'm not under the delusion that this will entirely end our dependance on foreign oil... It's a policy step in the right direction. It tells the left, and any other barrier to progress, that we are going to take seriously U.S. independence...and start the process of developing methods of alternative energy.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Well, I hope I didn't discourage it by saying I was Democrat on the petition, but I signed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Well, I hope I didn't discourage it by saying I was Democrat on the petition, but I signed it.
    Thanks, Lanie. I'm proud of you.:)

Shows you that we have to unite for the benefit of the country. I'm also not sure that it will do much good, but it's at least a way to make your opinion known. Newt will get enough publicity for this to maybe have some policy changes made. It beats just sitting around bitching about stuff.

It's getting up there, but still a long way to go. Thanks to everyone who's signed the petition.

Join the 1,134,865 people who have signed the petition.

Sorry, but bumping again. Let's help push it to 1,500,000. And don't forget to vote in our little unofficial CU poll if you haven't done so already.

Last time I looked it was 24 for drilling, 1 against it and 1 vote for the Jooos. :D

Join the 1,152,024 people who have signed the petition.

John
    Yes, we should be drilling *AND* building more Nuke plants *AND* allow the reprocessing of Nuke fuel *AND* still work on wind and solar *AND* continue to explore ethanol. Oh, and by "we" I mean the energy market not the government. All the government has to do is stand aside. They're just not so good at that anymore.

BTW, signed.

I want to drill but I also want other means used too. lets exploit all our resources at hand!!!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yes, we should be drilling *AND* building more Nuke plants *AND* allow the reprocessing of Nuke fuel *AND* still work on wind and solar *AND* continue to explore ethanol. Oh, and by "we" I mean the energy market not the government. All the government has to do is stand aside. They're just not so good at that anymore.

BTW, signed.

Yep. The government can best help by staying (getting) the hell out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Yep. The government can best help by staying (getting) the hell out of the way.
    It's tough to get them out of the way. Can't even imagine how difficult it will be in an Obama administration. At least on CU it's clear the vast majority (29-1) want us to do something to help the current situation. So far, only one person in our personal poll voted NO to any drilling. Is Eyelids back? :D

Here's this mornings update on the signing stats. If you haven't signed, please do. And vote on our little CU poll.

Thanks.

Join the 1,158,085 people who have signed the petition.

bump

After hearing that Supreme Court decision that the death penalty is not allowed for child rapists, feel that we need to do something, anything, to vent and try to make things better.

For anyone here who hasn't signed the petition for Newt, please consider signing. Obama is definitely not supporting this----til he probably does a giant flip flop if this petition really gets legs. It's on the way to 3 million sigs, but let's continue to do our part on CU to make this a reality.