View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    The best thing is not always the most profitable thing.

If that were the case there would be no unemployment.
    you and your class envy.

Best thing for who?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brendar7639 View Post
    What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!
    Errr, no. You can post in the Welcome Wagon Forum for that! Please do.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Drill it!

I was wondering what the feelings of the membership are now about drilling. Since the oil spill in the gulf, do you now favor continuing drilling. Does it bother you to drill in deep water?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I was wondering what the feelings of the membership are now about drilling. Since the oil spill in the gulf, do you now favor continuing drilling. Does it bother you to drill in deep water?
    I feel that we should continue drilling. BP made a number of serious cost cutting errors which led to the oil spill. Why punish the whole industry for what these dunces did. That would be like shutting down the Federal Government because of crooks like Jefferson and Rangel.

Drill, baby, drill!

Does it bother you to drill in deep water?
    Not even slightly.

When I can't refuel my car and the natural gas and electric supply to my house goes offline, when I can't go to Tesco and buy food because the freight trucks can't deliver, when mains water and sewerage goes down because the water supply company people can't get to work anymore, when some yahoo is trying to break my front door down because he wants what I have left ....

... that's when I'll get bothered.

In the meantime, keep drilling.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Not even slightly.

When I can't refuel my car and the natural gas and electric supply to my house goes offline, when I can't go to Tesco and buy food because the freight trucks can't deliver, when mains water and sewerage goes down because the water supply company people can't get to work anymore, when some yahoo is trying to break my front door down because he wants what I have left ....

... that's when I'll get bothered.

In the meantime, keep drilling.
    Well said. I think the folks whining in the letters to the editor in the lib Sarasota rag aren't thinking, just reacting emotionally.

They were preparing for a major oil disaster here, with many trained to man the local beaches. Fortunately, nothing happened.

Obama will really have the economy reeling if his lib friends get their way and shut down the oil industry. It's just nuts.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Continue drilling. These Gulf Coast, Southern Plains and Rocky Mountain states' economies are being destroyed by this moratorium. It's trickle down too, not just the greasy hairs in the boardrooms. Welders, roughnecks, truckers, etc. are cooling off their equipment for too long while these 3rd world bastards rake in the cash because we need the refined goods to transport and manufacture.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin's Hand View Post
    Continue drilling. These Gulf Coast, Southern Plains and Rocky Mountain states' economies are being destroyed by this moratorium. It's trickle down too, not just the greasy hairs in the boardrooms. Welders, roughnecks, truckers, etc. are cooling off their equipment for too long while these 3rd world bastards rake in the cash because we need the refined goods to transport and manufacture.
    I am afraid that Obummer will stall till he is forced to allow a trickling of new production. The courts have ordered the administration to cease holding up permits in the Gulf. However, new regulations and permits have stymied this from happening.

If oil goes up and stays up in the $150 range, that might cause a double dip recession. The economy is quite fragile as it is. Economies not only in the US but around the world would be affected. The moron-in-chief has no answers except to nationalize the oil companies.