View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Love this poll. Its good to see the vast majority of CUers are sane.

I really dont understand how anyone with half a brain can back Obama's plan of no new drilling, no new refineries, but more taxes. Yea, that will help the middle class.
    WELCOME BACK! :D I was starting to think you had just saved the old site address to your Favorites and gave up after a few weeks of that address not working the way I almost did.

I especially love the way Reid and Pelosi closed down the HoR before the Republicans could force the vote on drilling. I wonder how they'll continue stalling on the off-chance that McCain takes the White House.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    WELCOME BACK! :D I was starting to think you had just saved the old site address to your Favorites and gave up after a few weeks of that address not working the way I almost did.

I especially love the way Reid and Pelosi closed down the HoR before the Republicans could force the vote on drilling. I wonder how they'll continue stalling on the off-chance that McCain takes the White House.
    They'll even have a harder time when the Obama-man weasles and waffles again. I'm sure he will be for drilling, after he was against it, same as the public financing of elections and his repudiations of his more disreputable supporters.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Yay, they've finally gotten past the 1.4 milllion mark. Please pass the lilnk to friends who might support this measure. It must be doing some good, as Obama is already waffling on it.

Please help to take them to at least 1.5 million. Thanks.

Join the 1,400,039 people who have signed the petition.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

An update from American Solutions. I got their e-mail earlier. Here's a portion:

But the even bigger news is that the anti-energy elites are desperately worried. They are not only criticizing us, but they are admitting that they are losing the argument

And friends, that's big. In fact, considering the source, that's huge.Recently, liberal group MoveOn.org in an email to their supporters sounded dejected. They wrote "Here's the truth: Right now, progressives are losing this argument."

That can mean only one thing - WE ARE WINNING THIS ARGUMENT!

In the energy debate, common sense is winning and it's got the anti-energy elites rattled because they offer no solutions to lowering gas and diesel prices.

American Solutions, on the other hand, has taken a bold stand and has been leading the "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" movement that has energized millions of Americans around a positive solution. Because of your help and the help of more than a million others, today an overwhelming majority of Americans support opening up new areas for exploration and drilling of American oil and gas, including offshore. [

Even though MoveOn.org admits we are winning, they won't quit, and there is still more work to be done.

Congress has left for a 5-week vacation without doing anything to address the soaring cost of gas and diesel. This inaction is unacceptable to the American people, many of whom can't afford a vacation this year.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 08-07-2008 at 11:24 PM.

"

Timed Out
    Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    God you are a total asshole. My brother was a "liberal" and just died last Tuesday. I loved him with everything I had, politics didn't enter into the equation. I would have done anything for him and he would have done the same for me. I hope someone actually loves you enough to mourn you when you are gone because you aren't a prick because you are a liberal, you are a prick because that seems to be who you are.
    Liberalism is based on rationalism. Conservatism is based on irrationalism. The rationalist looks at the world through a confirmative empirical eye. The irrationalist looks at the world through a affirmative supernatural eye. Both perspectives are part of a complete individual and it is when we deny one set that we become political bigots…with little value other than demagoguery.

I believe in small government and low taxes. I believe abortion is immoral. I find great comfort in the house of god. I am a liberal. How am I different than you?

I only mention this because liberals and conservatives can love one and other because the only difference is perspective-and it is the shared perspective where we become complete. I am sorry for your loss and I have no doubt in your sincerity.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Liberalism is based on rationalism. Conservatism is based on irrationalism. The rationalist looks at the world through a confirmative empirical eye. The irrationalist looks at the world through a affirmative supernatural eye.
    WT?????

Where do you get this? Let's try an example:
    1. Liberals- Don't drill because it won't help fuel prices.
    2. Conservatives- Drill now and prices will stabilize and come down.

Fact- Merely clearing half the political restrictions to drilling lowered and stabilized oil prices, haven't even started drilling.;)

Ergo, Conservatives = rational and liberals = irrational.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Liberalism is based on rationalism. Conservatism is based on irrationalism. The rationalist looks at the world through a confirmative empirical eye. The irrationalist looks at the world through a affirmative supernatural eye. Both perspectives are part of a complete individual and it is when we deny one set that we become political bigots…with little value other than demagoguery.

I believe in small government and low taxes. I believe abortion is immoral. I find great comfort in the house of god. I am a liberal. How am I different than you?

I only mention this because liberals and conservatives can love one and other because the only difference is perspective-and it is the shared perspective where we become complete. I am sorry for your loss and I have no doubt in your sincerity.
    Are you using liberalism is it's classic sense? Then OK.

If not....Then you obviously have never read any Ayn Rand.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

It's that update time again. I'm going to post a separate announcement. For all you creative you-tube types, Newt is having a contest. It's the Drill Here, Drill now, Pay NOTHING contest. The most creative youtube presentation will win a one year's supply of gas.

Join the 1,433,209 people who have signed the petition.

From American Solutions:

Congress is failing to adopt a long-term American energy plan, and it's standing in the way of developing more American energy now. Politics is once again trumping common sense in Washington.
    Since Congress is not doing its job, American Solutions would like to offer one lucky American a break - free gasoline for an entire year!
    Today, we are launching a video contest called "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Nothing." We call it "Pay Nothing" because that is exactly what the winner will pay to fill up their gas tank for the next year.
    American Solutions, and our General Chairman Newt Gingrich decided to have a little fun in announcing the contest.
    To hear Speaker Gingrich's special announcement, please watch the video below:

Using YouTube, we are asking contest participants to create videos that demonstrate why a "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" approach is best for our wallets and our country. After you all get to vote, the winner will be announced on our second annual Solutions Day, which will take place on September 27, 2008.
    This is your chance to send a message to Congress and the American public.
    So get creative, get your cameras rolling, and head over to americansolutions.com/videocontest to learn how you can "Pay Nothing" for gas for a whole year.

Received this message from Grassfire. If you want the vote to come up, please call Speaker Pelosi.

I just received an incredible news release from Congressman
    Mike Pence (R-IN) regarding the ongoing protest on the House
    floor that I had to share with you.

Rep. Pence today commented on Nancy Pelosi's announcement that
    she was willing to allow a vote on comprehensive energy
    legislation to bring more domestic oil to the American people.

"When the floor protest began over two weeks ago,
    Speaker Pelosi said Republicans would have to use our 'imagination'
    to get a vote on more domestic drilling. By last week she apparently
    had changed her position, telling a national television audience
    for the first time that Congress 'can have a vote' on more
    domestic drilling.

"On Saturday in a national radio address, Speaker Pelosi went on
    to say that the Democrats 'plan' will consider opening portions
    of the Outer Continental Shelf for drilling...'"

Pelosi's change in attitude is because of you!

Without the incessant, building pressure from grassroots Americans,
    Pelosi would be relaxing amidst her book tour with nary a care
    in the world.

But thanks to so many Grassfire team members, House Democrats
    are getting "blitzed" by tens of thousands of phone calls,
    faxes and emails demanding action.

Now that she�s publicly announced her willingness
    to allow a vote, I need your help more than ever.

++ Action Item --"Bring Back Congress for a Vote!"

I'm asking EVERY member of our team to call Speaker
    Pelosi each and every day this week, and demand she
    bring back Congress for a vote on the drilling ban.

Speaker Pelosi's contact information:

202-225-4965 (DC),
    415-556-4862 (San Francisco)

As Congressman Pence said, "the American people should
    hold [Pelosi] to this commitment and demand that Congress
    immediately return to Washington, D.C. and vote."

He adds, "And when Congress votes, there must be a full and
    fair debate that allows the Republican minority the opportunity
    to debate and vote on the American Energy Act, an 'all of the above'
    approach to energy legislation that encompasses more drilling,
    more use of clean energy sources and more conservation."