View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I really get so much enjoyment out of it. This petition is a joke anyways, might as well treat it as such.
    The joke is going to be on you when McCain wipes the floor up with Obama come Nov.; dummies like you do not understand that the American voters want more production in the offshore area/ AK, nukes, alternative energy, etc. So, in that vain, the petition has had a positive effect. Energy is or will be a top issue in the election.

Democrats have no answer except to take the profits from the oil company and tax the crap out of it. Democratic left wing stooges like Pisslosi and Reid have found themselves cornered like rats and they do not know how to get out. It is funny to see them squirm.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    When has an online petition ever worked?

They don't work, sorry guys and gals.

Heck, when has a regular petition worked lately?
    Wanna know why petitions dont work? Because fraudulence in them (Hi!) is rampant and anybody can do it. That and they don't care.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Democrats have no answer except to take the profits from the oil company and tax the crap out of it. Democratic left wing stooges like Pisslosi and Reid have found themselves cornered like rats and they do not know how to get out. It is funny to see them squirm.
    Pisslosi?

Is that supposed to be an insult?

btw- Mr McCain is gonna do the same thing as the Democrats.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 08-22-2008 at 09:56 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Pisslosi?

Is that supposed to be an insult?

btw- Hanoi John is gonna do the same thing as the Democrats.
    Why do you ask: are you writing a book? The media will call the election in McCain favor around 11pm EST. It is going to be a blow out in Nov.

President McCain will drill everywhere except shit-holes like Chicago and San Fran. Afterwards, the Democ. party bosses will be so pissed at Pisslosi and Reid that they will be removed from their chairmanship positions. You can book it. If only the mindless duo had supported drilling, the outcome may have been different. Naw.

I advise you to check out this link. Take a look at the pictures, and read the descriptions. They put things into perspective, and destroy the lies of the environmentalists.

Making the case for drilling

An interesting addition on the American Solutions website is Newt's new video. This month they will be having a workshop on education, trying to find solutions to our educational system in the US.

Check out the links (on first post in this thread) and take a peek. What I find intriguing is Gingrich, Gov Pawlenty and Al Sharpton are working together. Very strange but it's time that a fresh new look was taken at our educational system. As a former high school teacher I welcome any breath of fresh air in a system controlled by the NEA.

The CU poll now shows 75 members for drilling, 3 not.

Newt definitely helped push this issue to the fore.

I was wondering if the price of gasoline has increased significantly in the last few days in other parts of the country. The price per barrel is at a 6 month low, yet the price at the pump went up 20 cents a gallon yesterday.

I wonder what it will take to change McCain's mind on drilling in ANWR. Maybe Sarah can do it.:D

Update: never mind.

Oil exporting countries/companies are led by morons, IMO. More sooner than later there'll be a switchover to electric due to the high costs of oil. IMO, they'd be alot better off keeping the prices to below 50$ a barrel. That way they'd milk the situation alot longer and sell more of the oil thats sitting beneath their land. If electric is forced sooner due to high prices, there they'll be with decades of oil and no customers for it.
    Last edited by wulfpaw; 09-15-2008 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wulfpaw View Post
    Oil exporting countries/companies are led by morons, IMO. More sooner than later there'll be a switchover to electric due to the high costs of oil. IMO, they'd be alot better off keeping the prices to below 50$ a barrel. That way they'd milk the situation alot longer and sell more of the oil thats sitting beneath their land. If electric is forced sooner due to high prices, there they'll be with decades of oil and no customers for it.
    Alternative energy solutions will be a long term possible solution, however they stand absolutely no chance in the short term. A lot of the alternatives are more expensive then oil, even at today's high prices. Plus, no serious alternative will survive once OPEC slashes prices. See the SYNTEC oil by Jimmy Carter for further proof. We were creating synthetic oil at close to 2 million barrels a day, OPEC went from oil in the 30 dollar a barrel range to around 7 bucks a barrel and Synthetic oil folded. They'll do the same thing with the next competitor.

The smartest idea is to continue researching alt. fuels for the future, but START drilling here. We send three quarters of a Trillion dollars a year overseas just for oil, imagine if we kept that revenue here. Not to mention we've got more oil, natural gas & clean coal then Saudi Arabia has oil. The arguements against drilling are completely idiotic, it's all a big globalist scheme to keep more money in their pockets and less money in ours. Call me a cynic, but I've almost lost complete faith in the entire federal government.:mad:

I do know this: when the Dimmycrats took over in '06 they promised to change the game by doing what?
    1. Ending the war
    2. Solving the energy crisis
    3. Cleaning up the RINO corruption in the previous Congress

Over 2 years have passed, have they accomplished any of this? Nah, they're on vacation.

The problem is most Americans just go on about their lives like happy little sheep, then when the current political party in power pisses them off they just switch sides. Problem Solved!
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke