View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

    154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

    8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

    0 0%
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 250
  1. #121  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    You loved your brother despite the fact that he was a liberal?

    Wow, you're so tolerant.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #122  
    Senior Member BEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    You loved your brother despite the fact that he was a liberal?

    Wow, you're so tolerant.
    No you fucking prick, I said his politics didn't enter into the equation.

    Edited to add: my point was you aren't a PRICK because you are a liberal, you just are a PRICK. You are not a good person, there is something wrong with you.
    Last edited by BEG; 07-29-2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: To add text
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #123  
    Senior Member Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Not Amused
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    And my solution to the energy crisis: Grin and bear it.
    For reference later.

    We brought it upon ourselves, we had all the time in the world to find an alternative source of energy and we didnt.
    I'm not sure you're appreciating what a tricky problem this is. In the search for energy, and indeed, even in the most rudimentary science, you can't travel too far without running into thermodynamics. This isn't as simple as just building an engine that is powered by sunshiney happy feelings. I think we're still years away from viable alternative energy that can be mass-consumed. Most of the prospects take more energy to produce than can be extracted from them.

    The transition period could have been a lot smoother but you assholes wouldnt kick your oil addiction, and still you're too stubborn/dumb at this point to realize what a disaster its going to be.
    I'm having a hard time following you. With one breath you say that we should just "grin and bear" the energy crisis, and in the next you refer to this as an impending disaster. Why should we just "grin and bear" anything that is the prelude to disaster? Also, who are these "you assholes" you're referring to? I don't think it's fair to blame the energy crisis on the conservative blogosphere - you liberals are driving the same cars we are. Bear in mind that there are many countries in Europe paying triple to quadruple what we pay for gas - why don't you blame the EU for not exploring alternative energy - their currency is doing okay.

    I signed your stupid petition 10 times just to show how worthless it is. I plan to sign it some more, I wonder how it will look when the name "Derpa McDepDerp" shows up a dozen times?
    I haven't read this whole thread, but do you have a particular gripe against expanded drilling? I'll go so far as to call it a quick, short-term fix, but right now, it's all we've got.

    150 years ago, this wasn't a problem. Most of us were getting around via mass transit or horses. This is America, indeed, the world in 2008. Even the poor people in America have at least one car, and we need to keep them running for our own livelihood and that of our economy. "Grin and bear it" is not viable. We are dependent on oil to run our cars, mass transit, military, and indeed, our economy. If there's more oil out there, we need to use it. I agree with you that we need to be looking for an alternative, but to allow gasoline to go up to $10 a gallon as some sort of punitive measure for our scientists not thinking fast enough is ridiculous.

    Who are you trying to hurt here? The oil companies? Don't believe the lies the Democrats tell you about raising taxes on Exxon. There is no such thing as corporate income tax. We are addicted to oil, but you can't blame that on the oil companies. There is a demand for their product, the amount of product dwindles, the price goes up. You also have to consider that there may not be a better alternative to petroleum and all the research is in vain. But of course, that's a topic for another day. :D
    Last edited by Troll; 07-29-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #124  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    How can you blame the oil companies for us making them so powerful? And now you want to keep handing over our future to them?

    This all comes back to us, we democratically elect our leaders and we are free to buy mostly what we want in a capitalist free market. All this blaming by democrats towards republicans and oil execs and republicans towards democrats and enviorenmentalists is crap. Everybody needs to accept responsiblity for the monster they've created. In this country when something goes right it's because of the American public, but on the flip side when something goes wrong we are the ones to blame.

    I fear that feeding this monster more indebts us to it further, and we really cannot afford to keep making that mistake. In order for things to get better they are going to have to get worse.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #125  
    Senior Member Molon Labe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Jihad Me At Hello
    Posts
    4,771
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    How can you blame the oil companies for us making them so powerful? And now you want to keep handing over our future to them?
    Oil companies are powerful BECAUSE of government collusion. When the only tax breaks and regulation reliefs go to the big guys...competition is screwed.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown


    The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #126  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Oil companies are powerful BECAUSE of government collusion. When the only tax breaks and regulation reliefs go to the big guys...competition is screwed.
    Well who are the people gobbling up oil driving Hummers (well not for much longer) and SUV's? And who elects the people in government?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #127  
    Senior Member Ree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Nashnille
    Posts
    977
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Well who are the people gobbling up oil driving Hummers (well not for much longer) and SUV's? And who elects the people in government?
    And just what is the Magic Power that will replace oil?
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #128  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,831
    Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    No you fucking prick, I said his politics didn't enter into the equation.

    Edited to add: my point was you aren't a PRICK because you are a liberal, you just are a PRICK. You are not a good person, there is something wrong with you.
    ;;

    BEG, don't pay any mind to the resident loon. He's had his second time out, doubt if he'll stick around. He never learns.

    And you're right, only a total prick would make nasty comments to you about the death of your brother.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #129  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,831
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Nothing will make an impact to move Reid and Pelosi off of their failed philosophical stance. They are against anything and everything that can be perceived as a Conservative effort.
    They just might have to cave under overwhelming pressure. I just got the following email from Grassfire. Looks like they're trying to bring the drilling to a vote by Friday.

    From the Desk of:
    Steve Elliott, President, Grassfire.org Alliance

    Breaking News on the Gas/Energy Debate. See below.

    7/29/2008

    Dear _(SLW)_____,

    Because of your grassroots efforts, the debate on the oil drilling
    ban in Congress is about to explode.

    Harry Reid and the obstructionist Democrats are feeling the heat
    from you and now both sides are discussing a possible vote to lift
    the ban on offshore drilling before the summer recess this Friday.

    And House Republicans are vowing to stay in session until they
    get a vote to lift the drilling ban -- precisely what Grassfire's
    petition is calling for!


    + + Action Item #1 -- Fax Your Senators Now!

    We need to flood Congress with faxes from citizens demanding that
    the oil-drilling ban is lifted and that Congress take real steps
    to reducing our dependency on foreign oil.

    There is still time to schedule your faxes for immediate
    delivery. Go here now:

    http://www.grassfire.net/r.asp?U=970...8&RID=17631475

    Of course, you can always send your own faxes. We have sample
    letters and contact information for you at the above link.

    + + Action Item #2 -- Call your Congressmen

    I am asking every Grassfire team member to call their two Senators
    and their Rep and tell them you want the ban on offshore drilling
    lifted BEFORE the end of the week!

    Talking Points:

    #1 -- I demand that Congress take action to lift the ban on drilling
    on the Outer Continental Shelf BEFORE Congress takes its month-
    long summer holiday.

    #2 -- I am asking you to PLEDGE to stay in session and not take
    the summer recess until the drilling ban is lifted.

    #3 -- I also want Congress to remove barriers to oil shale development
    in the Rockies and clear the way for increasing our nuclear
    electric energy capacity.

    Sen. Bond 202-224-5721
    Sen. McCaskill 202-224-6154

    Rep. Akin 202-225-2561

    Majority Leader Harry Reid: 202-224-5556; 202-224-3542

    Thanks for taking action!

    Steve

    P.S. It is no coincidence that members of Congress are now pledging to
    stay in session until the ban on offshore drilling is lifted. That is
    precisely what your petitions, phone calls and faxes have been demanding.
    Let's keep the pressure on!
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #130  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    You loved your brother despite the fact that he was a liberal?

    Wow, you're so tolerant.
    My my! Eyelids is soooo good at making friends here!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •