View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    My my! Eyelids is soooo good at making friends here!!!
    That's because he is a true to form stereotypical Liberal. He cannot separate politics from personality. Everything becomes personal. No discussion can take place because he has closed off common sense and facts and substituted emotion/ blame and feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    ;;

BEG, don't pay any mind to the resident loon. He's had his second time out, doubt if he'll stick around. He never learns.

And you're right, only a total prick would make nasty comments to you about the death of your brother.
    Ugh, I had a response all typed out then accidentally deleted it before I posted it. :mad:

I have read enough of his posts to see the depth of hatred and if my brother hadn't just died I probably would have just passed on by his response as I have done many times before. This time I just couldn't.

My brother was a flaming lib. He couldn't stand Bush and swore he was going to move to the UK (although he never did and never would, just like 99.9% of DU). He was just "wired" different than me because we were brought up exactly the same. By saying he was wired different i don't mean that something was wrong with him, I just mean that we had different world views. We both wanted the same thing in the end, we just disagreed on how to get there. His politics played no part in my love from him and if he agreed with me 100% on all issues I wouldn't have loved him any more.

I don't think someone like Eyelids (or the type of liberals that post at DU) can even wrap their minds around the fact that someone can be a good person if they differer politically. They have a stereotype of a "Rethuglican" in their mind and they will hold onto it until the day they die. I suspect his reply to me was projection because he can't possible understand how he could love someone who thought different politically. I see some of the same traits in a few of my fellow conservatives on the boards and it really bothers me. Not to the degree of the rabid hatred that Eyelids seems to hold for us but to a degree that has to go beyond politics. I suspect Eyelids hatred comes from deep down in his soul and for that I pity him. Yet I don't feel enough pity to want to help him, I personally hope he reaps everything he sows.
    Last edited by BEG; 07-31-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

Eyelids
    Do you guys actually make these posts with straight faces? I mean come on, there's more hate and racism on this website than I could possibly spew in a lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Do you guys actually make these posts with straight faces? I mean come on, there's more hate and racism on this website than I could possibly spew in a lifetime.
    I posted my post with a very straight face. There is something missing in you, you are incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    See exhibit (post #) 131. Eyelids, re-read (or have an adult read it for you) until it dawns on you that the hatred and contempt is flowing from your corner, not ours. remember you are on a Conservative site and we tolerate your ridiculous postings. The same cannot be said from the "bastions of tolerance" at Liberal sites.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    See exhibit (post #) 131. Eyelids, re-read (or have an adult read it for you) until it dawns on you that the hatred and contempt is flowing from your corner, not ours. remember you are on a Conservative site and we tolerate your ridiculous postings. The same cannot be said from the "bastions of tolerance" at Liberal sites.
    Well said. Eyelids shows his true colors in his response to BEG's heartfelt post.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Love this poll. Its good to see the vast majority of CUers are sane.

I really dont understand how anyone with half a brain can back Obama's plan of no new drilling, no new refineries, but more taxes. Yea, that will help the middle class.

I am new here although I was at PU for a while with a fair number of posts. I try to read Eyelids but he seems to just not be able to get a coherent thought out and seems to have a hard time separating politics from personalities

JMHO from what I have been reading the past few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Love this poll. Its good to see the vast majority of CUers are sane.

I really dont understand how anyone with half a brain can back Obama's plan of no new drilling, no new refineries, but more taxes. Yea, that will help the middle class.
    Thanks, Owl, welcome back. Glad you like this poll. I wish that Pelosi and Reid would pay attention.

Obama's plan is all negative, nothing positive, other than the raising tax thing.

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by Hatejane View Post
    I am new here although I was at PU for a while with a fair number of posts. I try to read Eyelids but he seems to just not be able to get a coherent thought out and seems to have a hard time separating politics from personalities

JMHO from what I have been reading the past few weeks
    Welcome to CU. You're right on about your evaluation of Eyelids.

"

GO CARDS