View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Suit&Tie View Post
    Errrr

Thats Not Sonnabend Nvm
    Hey there is 4 stupid votes in the poll, haveyou been here at 4 different times since that poll started? You got a way to go yet blinky!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I say drill here, drill now, and build a dozen more refineries. I don't really give a crap where the oil comes from in the long run, I just want it cheap! Our industry needs an injection of cheap. We need to start producing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio Madman View Post
    I say drill here, drill now, and build a dozen more refineries. I don't really give a crap where the oil comes from in the long run, I just want it cheap! Our industry needs an injection of cheap. We need to start producing again.
    We have got some idiots in power that will have to be removed before that ever has a chance of happening!

I received an emal from Amercan Solutions. If the link doesn't work (have problems with Charter), go to post 1 and follow the link. Apparently there's less than two days to make our opinion felt on drilling. It's crucial that as many folks as possible send a letter. It's quick and easy---the letter is already written.

If you care about making sure we're not dependent on foreign countries for our energy, we have a very timely call to action that will take you less than 1 minute.

The Department of Interior, which decides when and where we drill for oil and gas, has been holding a "notice and comment" period. This is when they solicit input from the public as to whether we should drill or not.

This is one way that the anti-energy interest groups have been able to successfully block any common sense development for decades.

Well the deadline for submissions is on Monday, and we need your help to overwhelm the Interior Department with comments in favor of drilling.

Please take 1 minute to submit your comments right now at YourEnergyOpinion.com.

If you don't have time to write anything, don't worry. We've already taken care of it for you.

Once you submit your comment, please forward YourEnergyOpinion.com to anyone else that you think would be willing to help out.

This is an opportunity that we must seize.

Thanks so much for your participation, and we'll report back soon as to how we all do.

Sincerely,

Dan Varroney
    Senior VP & COO
    American Solutions
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

An exerpt from Newt's latest letter on American Solutons.

Deficit hawks vs deficit peacocks

As opposed to deficit hawks who are the real fiscal conservatives, deficit peacocks strut around pretending to cut spending through gimmicks like spending freezes that are "freezes" only in the sense that they "freeze" into place previous frenzied spending binges (check out this clever video to see the "freeze" in action).

By pretending to be budget cutters, deficit peacocks engage in an old liberal trick. They promise future spending cuts while approving massive current spending. Then, later, they demand tax increases to pay for all that spending.

Today, deficit peacocks are strutting all over Washington. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and President Obama could all cut spending if they wanted to, they just don't want to.

They'd rather pretend and try to fool the American people. They say, "Wait for the spending cuts."
    I say, "Watch your wallet America."
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Banned
    I think the term strutting buzzards is more appropriate. Liberals tell us one thing at election time and do another when they get in office. Case in point. Obama said he was in favor of nukes, clean coal and more drilling. Now, he want to cripple the coal industry with high taxes, no nukes and no offshore drilling.

The plan as I see from this Administration is to tax fossil fuels to high heaven so that those funds can be used to pay for green energy. That way the cost of fossil fuel energy will rise dramatically so that both energy sources will be compatible in price. Look for 4 to 5 dollar per gallon gasoline. These buzzards are getting ready to stick it to us. Sad part is that this price redistribution will not make us less dependent on foreign oil.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    An exerpt from Newt's latest letter on American Solutons.

Deficit hawks vs deficit peacocks

I don't think your link is the right one. It is to Charter Communications web page.

Oil well, well... Government set to unveil offshore drilling plan. If this isn't the political ploy that I suspect it is, then I have to say that Obamarama has my full support on this issue. We'll see.

Government set to unveil offshore drilling plan
    Tom Doggett
    WASHINGTON
    Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:37pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration is expected to announce by Wednesday its updated plan for oil and natural gas drilling in U.S. waters, including whether to allow exploration for the first time along the U.S. East Coast.

The plan could pave the way for a significant new domestic source of energy, helping to reduce U.S. dependence on oil imports and boost supplies of natural gas used to displace coal in power plants as the country works to reduce emissions of climate-changing greenhouse gases.

Last month, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said he wanted to release the updated drilling plan by the end of March.

Two industry sources said on Monday President Barack Obama was expected to give a speech about energy security on Wednesday, which could include his views on expansion of offshore drilling.

The Interior Department and White House declined comment on Monday on whether Obama would speak to the issue in a speech slated for mid-morning on Wednesday at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland.

The administration has been weighing the pros and cons of offshore drilling since it took office and put the brakes on a Bush-era proposal that called for drilling along the East Coast and off the coast of California.

For more than 20 years, drilling was banned in most offshore areas of the United States outside the Gulf of Mexico because of concerns spills could harm the environment.

Congress allowed the prohibition to expire in 2008 and former President George W. Bush lifted a drilling moratorium that year.

Environmental groups and some lawmakers continue to raise concerns about the impact increased drilling would have on coastal areas.

But Obama, who wants Congress to move a stalled climate change bill, has sought to reach out to Republicans by signaling he is open to allowing offshore drilling, providing coastlines are protected.

The U.S. Geological Survey estimates the U.S. Atlantic coast waters may hold 37 trillion cubic feet of gas and nearly 4 billion barrels of oil, while the Pacific Coast has 10.5 billion barrels of oil and 18 trillion cubic feet of gas.

To put that in context, the United States imports about 2 billion barrels of oil a year from OPEC nations and is expected to import 2.7 trillion cubic feet of natural gas from all sources this year, according to the Energy Department.

The administration's plan is expected to spell out whether and when drilling will be allowed in 3 million acres off the Virginia coast.

The Bush administration had proposed leasing the Virginia tracts to energy companies and said the government would receive bids for the leases in November 2011.

However, a senior Interior official told an oil industry conference in January that drilling off Virginia's coast would definitely be delayed past the original 2011 leasing date.

The proposed Virginia lease area, located about 50 miles from shore, may hold 130 million barrels of oil and 1.14 trillion cubic feet of natural gas.

The possible delay in drilling off Virginia's coast has been criticized by the state's new governor, Republican Bob McDonnell, and two U.S. senators eager for the state to tap into the jobs and royalties that come with exploration.

A spokeswoman for McDonnell said his office has not been told the updated drilling plan would be announced on Wednesday.
    EDIT: Drudge indicate the White House is trying to quash the leaking of this story, ergo my copy/paste quote.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 03-30-2010 at 11:23 PM.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Oil well, well... Government set to unveil offshore drilling plan. If this isn't the political ploy that I suspect it is, then I have to say that Obamarama has my full support on this issue. We'll see.

EDIT: Drudge indicate the White House is trying to quash the leaking of this story, ergo my copy/paste quote.
    From what I have heard it is just more scam. I don't have a link but I think it was Quinn and Rose that were talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    From what I have heard it is just more scam. I don't have a link but I think it was Quinn and Rose that were talking about it.
    My instincts tell me the same, my porcine amigo, BUT if Bammer actually is sincere about this, then I will give him the credit such a move deserves. However, I just find anything that man proffers very hard to believe. We shall see.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers