View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by submarinepai View Post
    I want to drill but I also want other means used too. lets exploit all our resources at hand!!!
    Let's use every resource available including drilling off the east and west coast. Drilling in the offshore area's is safe and like I said before not one drop of oil was spilled during monstor hurricanes like Katrina and Rita.

Everyone needs to sign this petition so that we can put some pressure on the dimwits in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Let's use every resource available including drilling off the east and west coast. Drilling in the offshore area's is safe and like I said before not one drop of oil was spilled during monstor hurricanes like Katrina and Rita.

Everyone needs to sign this petition so that we can put some pressure on the dimwits in DC.
    Amen to that. After today's fiasco in the market, spurred on by the increase again in the cost of crude oil, it's even more important to send a message to the OPEC folk.

BTW, the voting on our CU poll is currently 32 for drilling, 1 against, and 1 for the Jooos option. Guess it's almost unanimous that those of us who bothered to vote on the poll favor Newt's Drill Now theme.

If you haven't signed the petition, please do if you favor it.

Haven't bumped this for a while. Let's help get them at least halfway toward their goal. Remember that gas price climbing toward $5 a gallon and let's sign that petition.
    BTW, the vote in our unofficial CU poll is now 33-1 for drilling. Please vote if you haven't already. It's obvious the CU concensus is to DRILL NOW!!!!

Join the 1,207,964 people who have signed the petition.

Eyelids
    Oil is archaic and dated... its time to find a new form of energy.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Well I sure Obama could supply the US with plenty of hot air, just ain't good for much. :D

Banned
    Sure; However, hot air coming from liberals like you will not make us more energy dependent nor will it make the price of gasoline go down. The only answer the lefties have is no new drilling, no nukes and tax the oil compaines.

Alternative energy is a joke as far as a short term solution. Making Ethanol with corn (a food source) is the dumbest idea that the government has ever perpetrated on the American public. The price of corn and wheat has shot up so high that people are starving in poor countries. For example, people in Haiti are baking dirt to eat. Addi tonally, the cost of fertilizer has gone thru the roof because corn requires much greater use of it than other crops. So people in under developed countries can not afford to buy the seed and fertilizer to grow their own crops. Most well intended governmental programs like Ethanol make things worse. When the government sticks it's nose in things, it usually winds up with a pile of crap on its face.

So what's your answer to the problem, Junior. Like most liberals including Obama, you don't have one for the short term or the long term. BTW, oil and oil companies are not evil; only morons in DC and liberals think so.

I'm geting tiired of the Drol-Troll Eyelids. I have no poblem with your wrong opinions, I do have a problem with people like you (liberals) who fling pooh and are contrary for the sake of contrariness.

Why don't you educate all of us knuckle-draggers as to your bright solution for the problem? What do you propose that will FIX the problem.

Bitching about all things Conservative/Republican is not actually a solution or better idea. I expected more from a "self professed" college educated liberal like you.

Maybe I'm wrong about you, you may actually have a brain, care to prove it?

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I'm geting tiired of the Drol-Troll Eyelids. I have no poblem with your wrong opinions, I do have a problem with people like you (liberals) who fling pooh and are contrary for the sake of contrariness.

Why don't you educate all of us knuckle-draggers as to your bright solution for the problem? What do you propose that will FIX the problem.

Bitching about all things Conservative/Republican is not actually a solution or better idea. I expected more from a "self professed" college educated liberal like you.

Maybe I'm wrong about you, you may actually have a brain, care to prove it?
    Agreed. I suspect he's contrary vote #2 in our poll, currently 37-2. .

At any rate, here's today's update of the #'s on signing the petition.

Join the 1,213,666 people who have signed the petition.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 06-29-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Timed Out
    Demand is world wide and price set by the international market. What is the purpose of attempting to gain oil independence when the price we pay is unchanged? What exactly are you attempting to achieve and at what price?

So your plan is to keep the status quo with Americans paying more and more for oil coming from non-domestic sources instead of using what we have here while these alternate energy sources are developed.