View Poll Results: Did you vote for evil oil or protecting the caribou?

Voters
162. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want to drill now and cut dependence on foreign oil.

154 95.06%
  • Nooo, never, they might destroy the environment.

8 4.94%
  • Haven't decided yet.

0 0%

Thread: Drill Now?? Yes/No

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Right now I'd say Speculation has as much to do with world oil prices as anything else. Especially when dealing with a perceived limited world commodity it pretty much becomes a self fulfilling prophecy. Part of me doesn't blame the speculative mkt for going balls out but part of me wouldn't shed any tears if the spec oil market players took a big hit.
    Yes, BUT the ONLY reason the speculators have ANY ability to affect prices is because we lack enough supply to meet demand reliably and not be impacted by things like Hurricanes, Dictators throwing a hissy fit etc.

Join the 1,230,478 people who have signed the petition.

They just might get their 3 million signatures---aiming to achieve it by the conventions.
    BTW, our poll is now 43 in favor, 3 against.

On a local talk show, the host stated that even many dems are advocating drilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Yes, BUT the ONLY reason the speculators have ANY ability to affect prices is because we lack enough supply to meet demand reliably and not be impacted by things like Hurricanes, Dictators throwing a hissy fit etc.
    Could be why it's speculation ???? just sayin';)
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Could be why it's speculation ???? just sayin';)
    I don't think anyone knows how much effect (price per barrel) speculators have. If the government announced that drilling could take place in AK, the entire Gulf of M. and the east and west coast offshore areas, the price would drop dramatically. The psychological effect would be tremendous even though the current production level would be unaffected in the short run.

http://www.americansolutions.com/

Follow the link. I'm not posting the stats today, but there is a very inspiring U-tube video that's worth watching.

4th of July is being declared as Energy Independence Day.

Drill Now

Drill here

Pay less.

Sounds good to me.

If you haven't yet signed the petition, please join Newt in his quest to achieve 3 million sigs. It will help if each of us do his or her part.

Banned
    As I've noted in other threads, I'm unclear as to why people think that additional drilling in the US areas (ANWR, the Gulf, off California) will bring down the price of gas in the short term -- it will not. Certainly there are national security reasons to do so, as well as long-term objectives that would be facilitated by such. However, it will NOT bring down the price of oil/gasoline in the short-term.

Oil is a global commodity and is sold according to global pricing. Unless all us true conservatives wish the government to intervene with some sort of price controls (the impact of which would be very interesting), oil derived from ANWR, for example, will sell at global prices. The short term effect will be minimal, excepting the psychological bump that would inevitably occur based upon a public change in US policy.

If you would like to know the real reason for the price of oil, ask yourself (and google if it helps) the price of oil in dollars and in Euros at each of the following value points of the dollar to the Euro:

1. Dollar: .80 Euro: 1
    2. Dollar: 1 Euro: 1
    3. Dollar: 1.20 Euro: 1
    4. Dollar: 1.40 Euro: 1
    5. Dollar: 1.55 Euro: 1

Join the 1,256,031 people who have signed the petition.

Even a falling tree can't deter me from bumping this again. :D

Please, if you haven't signed the petition, please do if you're so inclined.

I've been thinking that the terrorists haven't needed to explode any more planes into our buildings. They might have finally gotten a bit smarter. All they have to do is wreck our economy by driving up the price of oil to intolerable levels. Look at what's happening to our stock market, to companies going out of business, airlines curtailing their schedules.

We can go into all the elaborate explanations about the Euro vs the dollar, but the facts plain and simple are both the Europeans and us are both paying extremely high gas prices (their prices are more than ours.

Please go to the link on the first page and copy and send to everyone on your email lists. We need to give this petition another little boost.
    Thanks

Join the 1,269,855 people who have signed the petition.

The numbers are ever so slowly creeping up to 1 1/2 million signatures. BTW, our own poll shows 49 in favor of drilling, 3 against.

If you haven't voted, please stop by our little thread. I apologize for bumping this, but really hope that more folks will sign the petition and vote in the thread. I'm thinking of sending this to Hannity in another week with our unscientific poll results. Thanks to all who voted. :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    As I've noted in other threads, I'm unclear as to why people think that additional drilling in the US areas (ANWR, the Gulf, off California) will bring down the price of gas in the short term -- it will not. Certainly there are national security reasons to do so, as well as long-term objectives that would be facilitated by such. However, it will NOT bring down the price of oil/gasoline in the short-term.

Oil is a global commodity and is sold according to global pricing. Unless all us true conservatives wish the government to intervene with some sort of price controls (the impact of which would be very interesting), oil derived from ANWR, for example, will sell at global prices. The short term effect will be minimal, excepting the psychological bump that would inevitably occur based upon a public change in US policy.

If you would like to know the real reason for the price of oil, ask yourself (and google if it helps) the price of oil in dollars and in Euros at each of the following value points of the dollar to the Euro:

1. Dollar: .80 Euro: 1
    2. Dollar: 1 Euro: 1
    3. Dollar: 1.20 Euro: 1
    4. Dollar: 1.40 Euro: 1
    5. Dollar: 1.55 Euro: 1
    The question is not whether oil prices will go up or down in the short term nor should we be concerned about the Euro to dollar exchange rate. The exchange rate could reverse itself. It has done so in the past; so it's a possibility.

The question we should ask ourselves is, do we want to initiate a comprehensive energy policy which incorporates drilling, nukes and alternative energy so that our reliance on foreign oil is diminished in the future. If the answer is no, then be prepared for 10 dollar gasoline, brownouts and other unpleasant energy situations like rationing. Our politicians should have prepared us for this day of reckoning starting with the oil embargo 30 plus years ago.

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Drilling now would put oil on the market in (depending on where you drill) between 8 months and 8 years from now.

The knowledge that a flood of oil is about to hit the market will drive the futures down for the time period that the oil is expected to hit the market.

When enough oil is expected to hit the market to overcome the shortage in supply plus provide a cushion, prices will drop.

That is simply a fact.