Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    JHC this retard is worse than the Phillipino Judge with his magical dwarves.

Sonnabend
    Somewhere, in some remote corner of the world, a village is wondering how its idiot got access to the internet

I told someone at work that I was in a discussion on a board about how we faked the moonlanding. I had to change my shirt after she started laughing so hard she spewed the coffee in her mouth all over me.

For further reading on Cosmored types.......
    http://www.alaska.net/~clund/e_djubl...latWhyFlat.htm

Why a Flat Earth?

1) Staying on top

Once again, picture in your mind a round world. Now imagine that there are two people on this world, one at each pole. For the person at the top of the world, (the North Pole), gravity is pulling him down, towards the South Pole. But for the person at the South Pole, shouldn't gravity pull him down as well? What keeps our person at the South Pole from falling completely off the face of the "globe"?

2) Falling off

As we begin to make this argument, we acknowledge beforehand that we are aware of the property of matter known as friction. Yes, we realize that whenever two surfaces are held together by any force there will be a static frictional force that will resist any motion by either surface in any direction other than parallel to the force. The example we are using is an extreme situation, and would involve the object in question to travel a considerable distance (tens of degrees of latitude) from the "top" of the planet.

Using the "round Earth" theory, setting an object on the earth would be like setting grains of sand on a beach ball. Certainly a few grains would stay - right around the top, the surface is nearly horizontal - but when you stray too far from the absolute top of the ball, the grains of sand start sliding off and falling onto the ground. The Earth, if round, should behave in exactly the same fashion. Because the top is a very localized region on a sphere, if the Earth were in fact round, there would be only a very small area of land that would be at all inhabitable. Stray to the outside fringes of the "safe zone", and you start walking at a tilt. The further out you go, the more you slant, until your very survival is determined by the tread on your boots. Reach a certain point, and you slide off the face of the planet entirely. Obviously, something is wrong.

<Snip>

1) The fluid problem
    Water. Regardless of which train of thought you follow, it covers over seventy-five percent of our planet's surface. And the atmosphere, also a fluid, covers the entire surface. The difference is why. While flat-Earthers know that the ocean is really just a large bowl, (with great sheets of ice around the edges to hold the ocean back), and the atmosphere is contained by a large dome, the backwards "round-Earth" way of thinking would have you believe that all those trillions of gallons of water and air just "stick" to the planet's surface.

Conventional thinking would suggest that the water would just run down the sides of the Earth (to use the analogy again, like droplets running down the sides of a beach ball) and fall into outer space, while the air would dissipate. Using the earlier mentioned idea of "gravitational charge" gives some credibility to the theory. If the fluids were static, then exposure to the gravitational field for a long enough period of time would allow their molecules to align themselves with and be pulled in by the field.

But fluids are not static, especially not in the atmosphere and oceans. Great ocean currents run both at the surface and deep below, carrying water across huge basins, keeping the solution far from stagnant. Jet streams of air travel at hundreds of miles per hour through the atmosphere. And windblown rainclouds carry vast quantities of evaporated seawater across miles of ground, releasing their load far from its starting point. Water or air that (according to "round-Earth" theory) starts on one side of the planet could end up completely on the other side in a matter of only a few days. With all this turbulence and motion, if the world were round, the oceans should all fall "down" into the sky, leaving the planet dry and barren, and the atmosphere would simply float away. Why, just look at the moon. It is round, like a ball, and yet it has no atmosphere at all.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmoron
    Snipped to reduce boredom on CU
    I looked at all those links (god, what a waste of time) you posted Cosmoron and you know what they showed me? Someone who doesn't have a life and employs sock puppets to help his pathetic cause. They also showed me that you're a Eurotwit, living in Spain. And that you've been banned on every website for what you've done here, posting a bunch of nutball theories created by idiots with no lives. I just hope that the mods here follow the examples set by those other board and kick your loony toon ass out the door.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    you've been banned on every website for what you've done here
    Hey! Now that provides a little more incentive to visit his worthless links, just to see where he gets slapped around by other sites. Not quite ENOUGH incentive mind you, but perhaps if he tossed a little cash across the table I'd try one of the links. Perhaps $1000 would do it. Whaddya say, Cosmoron?
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

I am so disapointed that I wasted so much time at the Air and Space museum in DC and Dayton. Oh and several museums in AZ and one in AL. I also wasted time at the rest stop in Huntsville.

Who knew? I'm SOOOOOOOOOO gullible. I mean, I really didn't know that you could see the dark side of the moon from the southern hemisphere.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I am so disapointed that I wasted so much time at the Air and Space museum in DC and Dayton. Oh and several museums in AZ and one in AL. I also wasted time at the rest stop in Huntsville.

Who knew? I'm SOOOOOOOOOO gullible. I mean, I really didn't know that you could see the dark side of the moon from the southern hemisphere.
    Dude...

He posted YOUTUBE links!

And charts at one point.

It must be true! :D

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    Dude...

He posted YOUTUBE links!

And charts at one point.

It must be true! :D
    Well, in Superman, I saw the General rough up a couple of astronauts on the moon. We must have been there.