Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 'Creepy' Chick-fil-A slammed by 'New Yorker' writer from Brooklyn 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Look out, world. New Yorkers have discovered that their city has four Chick-fil-A restaurants – including the world’s largest.

Chick-fil-A’s arrival in New York City feels like an infiltration, in no small part because of its pervasive Christian traditionalism.
    Then comes a discussion of what he describes as the company’s “pervasive Christian traditionalism.”

Piepenbring mentions that Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy has been accused of anti-gay bigotry, and that the headquarters in Atlanta is “adorned with Bible verses and a statue of Jesus washing a disciple’s feet.”

He then slams the company’s “Eat Mor Chickin” promotions, calling them “one of the most popular, and most morbid, advertising campaigns in fast-food history.”

Regardless of what the New Yorker and its staff might think, it seems that Americans have already rendered their verdict on the restaurant chain.

Earlier this month, Fox News reported that Chick-fil-A is on pace to become the nation’s third largest fast food chain by 2020.
    'Creepy' Chick-fil-A slammed by 'New Yorker' writer from Brooklyn

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...-brooklyn.html
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

What we have here is a stuck up jackoff who thinks he and his fantasy inflicted vision of New York is far and above the rest of America, its people and its culture.

what this " New Yorker " needs to do is take his happy ass out of New York and take a drive across the U.S and explore a country it seems he has never been to.

I really don't like Chick-Fil, I rather have Lee's, KFC, or Chuch's chicken. But I'm not going to bad mouth the place, the people who work there, own it, eat there because I think I'm better then they are. Ben & Jerry's has good ice cream, but I don't like a lot of their politics ( massive gun control ), but I don't throw a fit because stores carry them, or insult anyone who buys it.

This guy is just another among many who live their Woody Allen-est life far removed from the people who think they are better than, but demand that " The Little People " worship and praise them like pseudo deities just because they live in New York.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I rather have Lee's, KFC, or Chuch's chicken. .
    Churches rules, I prefer my chicken with hide and bones.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

New Yawkers crack me up, they think the place is the center of the universe. It is just a big, overcrowded, filthy dirty, noisy, smelly expensive shit hole.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Churches rules, I prefer my chicken with hide and bones.
    I like the ones running around the back yard giving me those prepackaged ‘protein in a shell’.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I like the ones running around the back yard giving me those prepackaged ‘protein in a shell’.
    I boil up about two dozen of those at a time and soak them in soy sauce for a couple days, very tasty.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Power CUer
    I love how believing that marriage is between a man and a woman is "anti-gay bigotry." Good Lord!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I boil up about two dozen of those at a time and soak them in soy sauce for a couple days, very tasty.
    I love to devil them about six different ways.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

The Chick-fil-a at Somerset Mall has been there a year, at this point, and I haven't tried their food because the lines are still too long. I usually end up down the street at Pei Wei.

Bringing over from CC ...

When I go to a Thai restaurant decorated with Buddhist-related stuff, I see it as decor, not as attempts to draw me into Buddhism. Ditto for an Indian restaurant. And CfA doesn't decorate their restaurants I've seen with Christian related decor. Their background muzak is contemporary worship instrumentals, but lacking words only people familiar with the songs would recognize them.

CfA is in business to sell food. The percentage of people working at any particular store who are Christians can only be expected to be between 0% and 100%. One young lady who has worked at the CfA in Sunnyvale for almost two years wears a Muslim head covering.

So, yeah that New Yorker writer just doesn't like Christians, and our little dogs, too.

For my tastes KFC is wa-a-a-a-aaaaaay too salty. I'm pretty sure KFC stores get their coating mix pre-seasoned from corporate, so I doubt it's a regional thing. We don't use a LOT of salt in our cooking, so "saltiness" is pretty much dependent on what one is used to.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!