Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 One Third, ONE THIRD Americans do NOT believe 6 million Jews murdered in Holocaust! 
    link

Eliot Rosewater (14,608 posts)

One Third, ONE THIRD Americans do NOT believe 6 million Jews murdered in Holocaust!

http://www.newsweek.com/one-third-am...locaust-883513

Updated | One-third of Americans think “substantially less” than 6 million Jews were murdered in the Holocaust, according to a new survey that highlights a worrying lack of basic knowledge about the World War II-era genocide.

The Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany, or Claims Conference, released the findings of its survey to coincide with Holocaust Remembrance Day. They show a notable lack of understanding among Americans, especially millennials, the group said.
    Dont give me shit when I say SIXTY MILLION Americans support the nazi fascist traitor. Because they do.
    Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (20,953 posts)

2. Matches the number who support Donald Trump
    workinclasszero (22,824 posts)

4. That's what I was thinking
    Yes that is what they consider 'facts' and 'proof'. And that kind of 'facts and proof' is what they use to declare President Trump guilty of everything they think he is guilty about. Connect the dots. It's the same number so it must be the same people.

X is guilty of money laundering. X knows Y who knows Z who has a business relationship with President Trump so therefore it's proof that President Trump has laundered money and should be in jail. And since Y or Z in a Russian it's further "PROOF".
    Archae (39,295 posts)

13. Depends onthe actual poll, the questions, and who is polled.

If some group polls a backwoods or other low-information area about flying saucers, they will get a lot more affirmative answers than if they polled an Ivy league college.

Likewise if Newsweek had polled poorly educated or bigoted people, they'd get more "Holocaust doubters" than if they polled an area with more educated people.

If Newsweek polled Faux "news" viewers, they'd get more believers in "Birtherism" than if they polled MSNBC viewers.
    tritsofme (12,764 posts)

15. This headline is incredibly misleading, with its implication

that 1/3 of Americans are Holocaust deniers.

It sounds like these people are misinformed about history, and the extent of the evil that occurred, and while that is sad commentary in it's own right, it is a very far cry from denying the Holocaust.
    And who "owns" the schools and teaching methods? Right. Liberals. They're too busy teaching social justice and how bad the United States is to teach real history.

ProudLib72 (8,569 posts)

17. I was showing a power point in my class on Thursday

There were pics of Albert Einstein and Joseph Stalin. I asked the class who they were. No one recognized Einstein and only one person recognized Stalin. Mind you, this was a college class. I feel like I'm losing the ability to communicate with younger students because they don't have a concept of history. Anything before 1990 is old, boring, and inconsequential to them.

It blows me away that Nazi Germany kept excellent records of whom they killed. All those names, dates, locations; and people still don't believe it. It's a sickness.

Power CUer
    One third of Americans don't know where Alaska actually is. So?

I wonder how many of them don't even know what the Holocaust is?
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Hey DUmmies, 2/3 of millennials don't know what Auschwitz is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8a50d22b6ade

Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (20,953 posts)

2. Matches the number who support Donald Trump
    Also matches the number who support Hillary Clinton. What's your point?
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Wanna see them put their hands over their ears and say "LALALALLALALALALAL"...? Ask them what the racial/ethnic breakdown is on that.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Well over a third of Americans can't name the three branches of government. Liberals and their lack of teaching important facts own that fact. Same with the Holocaust. They are more occupied with teaching gender and racial equity.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Hey DUmmies, 2/3 of millennials don't know what Auschwitz is: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8a50d22b6ade

Also matches the number who support Hillary Clinton. What's your point?
    And Barack Obama as well.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

1. As some of the repliers have noted, that poll can be incredibly misleading, for a number of reasons. One thing that particularly sticks out for me is that it seems not so much that they doubt the Holocaust happened, but merely that they don't think it's death toll was as high as reported. Still a false conclusion, but not as egregious of one as flat- out denying it happened.
    2. For those who indicated they didn't believe in those death figures, there's one thing the DUmmies seem to be avoiding in order to badmouth conservatives/ Trump- supporters: How many of those who denied the death figure were Muslims?
    Many Muslims (Aka a group whose anti- Semitism rivals if not exceeds that of what you might find on sites like Stormfront) are taught by their parents and religious leaders that the Holocaust never happened at all, and the Jews just made it up for attention/ sympathy. If I remember right, some years ago, Muslim groups in England openly protested against schools teaching their kids about the Holocaust for that reason.

ProudLib72 (8,569 posts)

17. I was showing a power point in my class on Thursday

There were pics of Albert Einstein and Joseph Stalin. I asked the class who they were. No one recognized Einstein and only one person recognized Stalin. Mind you, this was a college class. I feel like I'm losing the ability to communicate with younger students because they don't have a concept of history. Anything before 1990 is old, boring, and inconsequential to them.
    That was a dangerous post, dangerously close to acknowledging that much of the Holocaust Denial and ignorance reside on college campuses, among the "educated" liberal people DU-folk were touting.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Once I saw that the Southern Poverty Law Center was referenced as a valid source of data in the article the whole thing lost all credibility in my mind
    Liberals! The real fascists.