Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Indiana Joan? Spielberg Says Time for Female Lead Character In Film Serie 
    Award-winning producer and director Steven Spielberg whose 1981 movie “Raiders of the Lost Ark” became an instant classic and spawned four sequels is suggesting that current times call for a feminizing of the lead character.

Actor Harrison Ford has played Indiana Jones in all of the movies in the franchise but at 75-years-old he is getting long in the tooth and anyone who saw him reprise his Han Solo character in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” would probably agree that he just isn’t capable or credible of the type of daredeviltry that has defined the adventurer in any future sequels past the one already planned that will begin shooting next year.

Spielberg seems to agree and is floating the idea that the cultural crusaders in Hollywood who are imposing their vision of a perfectly diverse utopian society on audiences feel that it is time for Indiana Joan – a female lead in a rebooted Raiders series
    Leslie Jones, Rosie O'Donnell, Meryl Streep should all be in consideration for the part.

The plot would be to stop an evil American president from killing some EPA rules that will destroy humanity and building a wall creating massive starvation to millions of hard working people who are coming to the United States to do work "Americans don't want to do" At the end of the show Hillary Clinton is appointed emperor for life. Her likeness would replace the Statue Of Liberty. Statue of Bill Clinton,Barak Obama, Harvey Weinstein, Anthony Weiner and Roman Polanski would replace the major attractions in Washington. Naturally, the rainbow flag would become the new flag.

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/in...c-film-series/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Why not create a new female character for an archeology/action movie? Why does it have to be a female version of an established character?
    Considering the creative output of Spielberg over the years, he can't come up with a new character and storyline?

Why not just have Harrison Ford get a sex change operation?

It's most likely going to suck just like the female redex of Ghostbusters did.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

A female version of Indiana Jones? Hey Steven....Laura Croft says hi.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Just another macho bitch piece of shit I will not watch.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    A female version of Indiana Jones? Hey Steven....Laura Croft says hi.
    I didn't see those movies, but yeah, isn't she a female Indiana Jones?

I don't have a problem with Dr. Who regenerating into a woman, it fits with the storyline overall. But this is just lazy. Create a great new female character, don't replace a male character with a female version of him. Between all the remakes and the movies based on old television shows, Hollywood is just not creating enough new stories for us.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I didn't see those movies, but yeah, isn't she a female Indiana Jones?

I don't have a problem with Dr. Who regenerating into a woman, it fits with the storyline overall. But this is just lazy. Create a great new female character, don't replace a male character with a female version of him. Between all the remakes and the movies based on old television shows, Hollywood is just not creating enough new stories for us.
    It's an attempt to appeal to the post-modernists and SJWs, much like The Last Jedi was the feminizing of Star Wars. I have no problem with Rey as the protagonist but what the did with Luke's character was revolting. I did not see the movie and will not see the next one. Disney's attempt at repurposing the storyline made me sick and ruined the movie series for me. As for as I am concerned The Force Awakens was the last Star Wars Movie.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

The Jones' franchise has a McGuffin-problem (lower-case 'm').

Croft; not so much. She's gone after mythical stuff like Pandora's Box and the Fountain Of Youth. The writers can just invent a new myth.

Spielberg's stuck with fact-based religious objects. The Mummy series already grabbed ancient Egypt. I don't see too much out there.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Why not create a new female character for an archeology/action movie? Why does it have to be a female version of an established character?
    Considering the creative output of Spielberg over the years, he can't come up with a new character and storyline?
    My sentiments exactly!