Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 If Male Sex Robots Rape Someone, Charge the Programmers, Not the Robots 
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,044
    Something else to keep you up at night...

    If Male Sex Robots Rape Someone, Charge the Programmers, Not the Robots
    http://www.thedailysheeple.com/if-ma...-robots_042018

    ...With the proliferation of sex robots into the mainstream, new ethical questions are being raised. One such ethical question is this, what do you do if your sex robot rapes someone?

    ....The professor is Noel Sharkey, who is a professor of “robotics and AI,” meaning the dude plays with robots and gets to teach kids about all the wonders of playing with robots (I’ll let you infer what you will from that statement).

    Sharkey has come out and expressed concerns about the possibility of male sex robots one day going on a rape binger, though I may be exaggerating his point just a bit (ok, I’m taking his ACTUAL point and running wild with it, like a male sex robot running wild in a rape frenzy). His thoughts came out in an interview with the Daily Star

    Sharkey isn’t talking bingers so much as he’s talking about the odd one-off incident in which a male sex robot might not pay attention when “his” partner says no. He says that since sex robots are “inanimate devices run by computer programming,” that the one who should be prosecuted for the rape should be the programmer(s), not the robot.

    The robot for his part, can LITERALLY say the devil made him do it, only in this case the devil would be the programmer who couldn’t figure out a way to write safe sex code.

    Our robot-playing professor goes on to say that, “…if a male gendered sex robot were to rape a woman…the police would need to hunt down the programmer.”
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    52,967
    There is already a charge, rape by instrumentation.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,171
    Rape requires intent, this idea would have an effective range of zero meters unless you could show the programmers intended for the machine to override all stop commands and prompts and force the act to purposely continue. Negligent rape ain't a thing.

    The same logic would apply to a vibrator that got jammed on and then stuck wherever it was put. It may bee a lawsuit, but it isn't a criminal case.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,044
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Rape requires intent, this idea would have an effective range of zero meters unless you could show the programmers intended for the machine to override all stop commands and prompts and force the act to purposely continue. Negligent rape ain't a thing.

    The same logic would apply to a vibrator that got jammed on and then stuck wherever it was put. It may bee a lawsuit, but it isn't a criminal case.
    You make an excellent point. If one could prove that the programmer intended the robot to go out and rape people.... hmm.....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    19,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    You make an excellent point. If one could prove that the programmer intended the robot to go out and rape people.... hmm.....
    I could see a real problem with S/M scenarios in which the robot is the dominant where things could go wrong in a major way, but that would be a product default kind of thing, not rape, even if the person felt like he or she had been raped.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Member Boudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    North of New Orleans, but still on the coast
    Posts
    81
    Besides rape, sexbots can be programmed to kill. Oops, manufacturer defect.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    23,044
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I could see a real problem with S/M scenarios in which the robot is the dominant where things could go wrong in a major way, but that would be a product default kind of thing, not rape, even if the person felt like he or she had been raped.
    Now that is a scenario I hadn't thought of. You have an excellent point here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member DumbAss Tanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I could see a real problem with S/M scenarios in which the robot is the dominant where things could go wrong in a major way, but that would be a product default kind of thing, not rape, even if the person felt like he or she had been raped.
    I agree, that would be a product liability civil lawsuit, not a criminal case.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •