Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I gladly gave up all soft drinks of all kinds years, no, decades ago*. I do drink carbonated seltzer more often than anything else these days. I stopped with the salt and the sugar in my 30s. My one salt exception is fresh sliced tomatoes.
    I do eat normal candies, cakes, ice cream and cookies and have been declared a diabetic now for near 20 years. I refuse to even try artificial sweeteners and cannot stand diet drinks of any variety. I keep my A1c in the low 6s.

*except for A&W root beer in a float about 3 times a year.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I gladly gave up all soft drinks of all kinds years, no, decades ago*. I do drink carbonated seltzer more often than anything else these days. I stopped with the salt and the sugar in my 30s. My one salt exception is fresh sliced tomatoes.
    I do eat normal candies, cakes, ice cream and cookies and have been declared a diabetic now for near 20 years. I refuse to even try artificial sweeteners and cannot stand diet drinks of any variety. I keep my A1c in the low 6s.

*except for A&W root beer in a float about 3 times a year.
    In the early 60s in Oklahoma City there were Weber's Root Beer drive inn s. If I remember right they called their Root Beer Float a Brown Cow and you always got a super frosted mug when you ordered Root Beer. I seriously doubt that old drive inn near my house is still there but things were just better in the old days. I buy a cheap fruit juice drink and live on that stuff now, I stopped using the juice drink from the dollar store for a very long time then several weeks ago I was in the dollar store getting something else and I needed juice so I just picked up one gallon of that old orange drink and it taste so bad and nothing but artificial sweetener, I never drank it I just poured it out it was so bad.