Thousands advise electors to check eligibility But one who teaches 'Marxist theory' ridicules concerns

If documents some day prove Barack Obama is not eligible to be president under the U.S. Constitution, none of the 538 Electoral College members who vote him into office Monday will be able to claim ignorance.

That's after 3,653 citizens had enough concern over the allegations, they participated in a WND effort to deliver letters to every elector, urging them to investigate.

The campaign followed an earlier campaign among WND readers that sent more than 60,000 letters by overnight delivery to the U.S. Supreme Court when a case contesting Obama's eligibility for the Oval Office was pending.

The latest letters were sent FedEx to all 538 members of the Electoral College.

As WND has reported, serious questions remain over whether Obama is "a natural born citizen," as specified in Article 2, Section 1 of the Constitution. While he claims to have been born in Hawaii in 1961, two Obama family members have told WND they were present at his birth in Mombasa, Kenya.

Further, Obama has steadfastly refused to release publicly his full birth certificate that would identify the hospital of his birth, the attending physician and other details. Instead, the campaign posted a document purporting to be a birth certificate devoid of these details.

Joseph Farah, founder and editor of WND, explained the significance of the letters to electors.

"If there is any doubt, electors have a sworn duty to find out. And, no matter what you hear from my colleagues in the press, elected officials who chose not to investigate this matter and not to insist that safeguards and checks were in place on a matter so urgent and fundamental, there is doubt grave doubt.

"In fact, unless we're going to live under an honor system in the future, one that relies solely on what a candidate says about his own eligibility, there is no reason to believe Obama is. There is simply no valid evidence to prove it, and there is plenty to raise doubts," he wrote in a commentary on the program.

That "honor system" apparently is exactly what some electors want. One Colorado elector who told the Aspen Times she spends some of her time "teaching Marxist theory at a university," Camilla Auger, said she was upset that anyone would raise concerns about Obama.

Auger will voted for Obama Monday along with Colorado electors Margaret Atencio of Denver, Polly Baca of Denver, Ann Knollman of Arvada, Terry Phillips of Louisville, Pam Shaddock of Greeley, Don Strickland of Centennial, Jennifer Trujillo-Sanchez of Colorado Springs and Wellington Webb of Denver.

She ridiculed those with concerns about Obama's eligibility.

"I took them seriously enough that I was concerned that there are that many nutty people in the country making depressing, absurd allegations," she told the Denver Post. "There are so many problems in the country right now, we need to work together."

The Post itself, in fact, claimed the "allegations have been repeatedly debunked by the Obama campaign and news outlets."

The Times report said Auger has been a social sciences professor and vice president of an oil company, Tosco Corp.

"I think I was probably the only person in country to be executive vice president of an oil company and teaching Marxist theory at a university," she told the Times.

Others, however, have another view, and columnist Randall Hoven of AmericanThinker.com is one.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=83458