1. #1 Paul Allen and the USS Helena 
    https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...-helena-wreck/

The USS Helena was the third World War II discovery in less than three weeks by Allen’s R/V Petrel team. The aircraft carrier the USS Lexington was discovered March 4 and the USS Juneau, another light cruiser, was located March 17.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a232ea74a488
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Here is Helena's entry in the online Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships. Helena was of the Brooklyn class of light cruisers (CL; "light" refers more to having 6" rather than 8" guns). Helena had 15 6" guns. My opinion (as a lifelong civilian) is that between the number of guns on a Brooklyn class CL and their faster rate of fire, they were probably more useful than the heavy cruisers with 9 8" guns.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

History of USS Helena (CL-50)

History of USS Juneau (CL-52)

Interesting fact. The Argentine warship ARA General Belgrano, sunk during the Falklands War on 2 May 1982 by the attack submarine HMS Conqueror, was the former USS Phoenix (CL-46), a Brooklyn class Light Cruiser.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

After WW2 a good number of USN WW2 vintage light cruisers, destroyers, and submarines went to allies's navies and served long after the USN retired their classes of ships. Brooklyn and Nashville went to Chile; Philadelphia and St. Louis went to Brazil; Boise also went to Argentina. At least one Fletcher class DD went to West Germany. Turkey received 21 Balao and Tench class submarines.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!