1. #1 Eight Mile Crime Spree 
    It started Saturday morning with a pair of attempted carjackings by the gunmen, who were behind the wheel of a stolen silver or gray Chrysler van on the Near North Side, police said.

In the first, the victim did not make out a police report and nothing was taken, but about 9:30 a.m., the two robbers pulled up to another person in the 1400 block of North Dayton Avenue, according to police. They tried to carjack the victim but only grabbed cash before driving away in the van.
    Soon afterwards

The suspects then drove 3 miles north to the Lakeview neighborhood, where they stole a Volkswagen at gunpoint in the 1300 block of West Waveland Avenue and left the van
    Soon afterwards

A short time later, a tow truck driver flagged down a patrol officer after spotting the stolen Volkswagen, and police gave chase. The pursuit continued about 2 miles south to Fullerton Avenue and Halsted Street in Lincoln Park, where the Volkswagen hit and seriously injured a 23-year-old pedestrian, police said. Chicago police ended the chase, and the victim, a man who suffered a broken arm, a broken shoulder and a concussion, was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where his condition had stabilized.

No arrests have been made, and police did not immediately have a description of the robbers.

http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/20...ime-spree.html
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Were they at least human???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Were they at least human???
    just the wild Amish kids
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    just the wild Amish kids
    It was a white van driven by an AR15 with a 30 round magazine and a bump stock

Revelation 15:1
    And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

By the title, I thought there was another string of robberies along 8 Mile RD. I live nearby, and crime sprees on the city//county line are common.

I occasionally get a case in the trailer park they used for the 8 Mile movie.