1. #1 Arson suspected in fire at Palin's church 
    Arson suspected in fire at Palin's church

By WESLEY LOY and S.J. KOMARNITSKY Anchorage Daily News

Published: December 13th, 2008 11:03 AM
    Last Modified: December 13th, 2008 04:57 PM

WASILLA - An overnight fire at Gov. Sarah Palin's church caused an estimated $1 million in damage, and investigators say it could be the work of an arsonist.Firefighters were called to Wasilla Bible Church about 9:40 p.m. Friday and found flames and smoke coming out windows at the back of the three-story structure, said James Steele, chief of the Central Mat-Su Fire Department.

Five women were inside the church working on crafts, and possibly two children, but everyone escaped unharmed after a fire alarm alerted them to trouble, Steele said.

Link

"We are definitely treating it as suspicious and as potential arson at this point," he said.

Steele declined to provide details on why investigators believe the fire might have been set deliberately, or whether accelerants were found on the scene.
    Palin's office issued this statement today:

"Gov. Palin stopped by the church this morning, and she told an assistant pastor that she apologizes if the incident is in any way connected to the undeserved negative attention the church has received since she became a vice presidential candidate on Aug. 29. Whatever the motives of the arsonist, the governor has faith in the scriptural passage that what was intended for evil will in some way be used for good."

Praise be to God that nobody was hurt. What do you think the arsonist's DU name was?

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    What do you think the arsonist's DU name was?
    Thank you!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

I'm glad the women who were there got out.

Whoever did it is a really twisted soul, who probably has some deep-seeded psychological issues. I hope he or she gets professional help.

Hi,
    I know this is an old story, but new details have arisen which demonstrate that the fire was not just arson, it was also attempted murder.
    A recent report from the church has stated that its telephone wires and the wires controlling its fire alarm and water sprinkler were cut before the fire was set from within the building.
    The arsonist most likely would not have done that unless he or she knew there were people inside the church, and was deliberately trying to kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm glad the women who were there got out.

Whoever did it is a really twisted soul, who probably has some deep-seeded psychological issues. I hope he or she gets professional help.
    so you're wondering what his DU name is too?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.