1. #1 "Tabasco Sauce Is in a Battle For Its Very Survival" partially against global warming 
    Random stuff popping up in the old feeds....

https://earther.com/tabasco-sauce-is...val-1825510123

Deep in the article, after looking at the affects of dams, levees, industry and irrigation, the climate change demon gets tossed in too, by the article author, not the interviewee, Harold Osborn, executive Vice President of McIlhenny, the company behind Tabasco.

Meanwhile, intensifying hurricanes and sea level rise, driven by climate change, are aggravating all these problems.
    Remove that one line, and you actually have an interesting article on some real effects of time and change on an environment, and one company's work to attempt to maintain their chunk of real estate.

The random comments, including some arguments about how Tabasco sucks are entertaining of course.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

It’s interesting to see those comments. We’re just about out of WW II vets who would tell you “if not for Tabasco...” referring to their version of MREs. The proliferation of all these other brands owes its life to the McIlhennys.

I fully agree with your original thoughts here. The climate change commentary has no place in this article.

The gulf coast is subsiding. It has been for millions of years. It will continue. It has nothing at all to do with climate change. In fact, the island might even rise as the salt dome could become active again.
    Last edited by Retread; 04-26-2018 at 07:05 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Aren't such delta islands basically large silt deposits? If so, subsiding seems possible, which would look like sea level rising.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

North of New Orleans, but still on the coast
    Actually those islands are giant salt domes. Tabasco Sauce is manufactured on Avery Island, others around it are Weeks Island and Jefferson Island. There's lots of oil around there too.

The sedimentary beds will lose thickness over time which will result in subsidence. Salt domes and shale diapirs can occur anywhere along a sea coast. Both can significantly influence oil and gas accumulation.

North of New Orleans, but still on the coast
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    The sedimentary beds will lose thickness over time which will result in subsidence. Salt domes and shale diapirs can occur anywhere along a sea coast. Both can significantly influence oil and gas accumulation.

Nice post, you must be evil oilfield trash too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
    Nice post, you must be evil oilfield trash too.
    Just 40 years or so. Got out in 2008.