Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LibertyLover (1000+ posts) Fri Dec-12-08 05:58 PM
    Response to Original message
    11. No, mine is being auctioned off on Tuesday
    I am hoping to file for bankruptcy on Saturday and forstall the sale, at least for the time being. I am so sorry to hear that. All the best to you and your family.
    Amazingly I don't even know ONE person in RL or online whose home is getting auctioned out from under them but TWO of them are posting in this DUmp thread...

(On Edit)

Sorry... THREE people.

kedrys (1000+ posts) Fri Dec-12-08 07:17 PM
    49. I'm so sorry
    Ours was sold at auction in April, and I know just how you feel. Prayers and good vibes - wish I could do more...

(On FURTHER edit)

FOUR people.

1776Forever (1000+ posts) Fri Dec-12-08 07:53 PM
    55. Mine is going to be auctioned soon - What gets me is that they want you to pay taxes on lose!
    Tell me why we have to pay the difference because of failed policy that took our jobs away from us! There were no full time jobs in Florida for the last 2 years that my husband and I tried to find one. It is dirty to think that a-holes like AIG get bailed out and the little working guy has to pay their taxes after their life savings and everything they worked for over 40 years is gone!

This boat is big honey - just try to look ahead to the Obama years!
    (On further FURTHER edit)

FIVE now.

InvisibleTouch (1000+ posts) Fri Dec-12-08 09:39 PM
    64. Damn. I'll be in somewhat of the same boat next month.
    Have got an alternate place to live, fortunately, but the home I was hoping to sell is going to be foreclosed sometime in the next few weeks. I hung onto it as long as I could against all odds. Yes, the Bush economy screwed us all. Wishing you the best.

(On further, further YET AGAIN edit)

Holy crap SIX now...

Connonym (1000+ posts) Sat Dec-13-08 02:41 AM
    82. Mine was this past spring
    I know how hard it is.

There's something I've been wanting to say for a while now. Something I don't think many people realize is that if you are 2 or more months in the rears the bank (at least in my case) would not accept anything other than a full payment for the past due amount. I couldn't continue to make monthly payments or add extra every month to catch up. They stated that it had to be a money order for the entire amount, anything less than that or a personal check would be returned. Let's face it, if you're anywhere near the edge there's no way you're going to ever be able to cough up that much money. After 2 months if you can't sell it, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion. If you try to sell it you have to divulge that it's facing foreclosure. Once a potential buyer sees that you can forget about getting market price, the only offers you'll get are insulting.

I guess my point being that if you're a typical middle class family it's a very short fall from solvency to losing your house.

And the Shadow Tard is pissed he ain't getting any handout love...

shadowknows69 (1000+ posts) Sat Dec-13-08 08:30 AM
    91. My wife and I are facing homelessness too
    And we never had 200K to spend, if there's a DU wide fundraiser going on I'll put out my hat with shame.

This is absolutely the epitome of the DUmp.

Some jackhole wastes almost a quarter of a million dollars on STUPID hack-kneed amateur ploitical videos on his frigging digital video cam and ignores his real life responsibilities to his family and his kid and then when his idiocy catches up to him blames EVERYBODY under the sun but his own asshole self for his woes and then cries for a handout.

Let's not even discuss buying a 600,000$ home when you are a self employed penniless a-hole.

Fuck him in the ear.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    1776Forever (1000+ posts)
    Fri Dec-12-08 07:53 PM

There were no full time jobs in Florida for the last 2 years
    Florida Careerbuilder Jobs - 14,714 jobs
    found

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post

That's harsh Ralph!

He may have meant that there were no DU-Friendly jobs for the last 2 years.

Like when The Straight Story got that job and then his A-Hole fundie bosses got all bent out of shape that he was hanging around outside smoking rather than doing work and fired him?

I'm telling you man George Bush and Dick Cheney are the reason that people like that can't get work and have to live in their fundie father's basements while life screws them over.

Amazingly a lot of them are finding out that the pay for sitting on the internet 24/7 bitching about the rethugs isn't going to pay their mortgages. Go figger.

This is what you get when you base everything on emotion , and nothing on reason.

BTW, didn't SymbolMan try to raffle his house off?

What was going to happen; was just planning to keep all the money and the house?

If this is true then he was trying to committ fraud.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

You notice that "ALL" the responses with a glimmer of truth was deleted.