Islamic star and crescent join town's Christmas tree, menorah

'Spirit of inclusion': 'Jesus Christ himself would have gathered everyone around him'
"Islam didn't exist at the time but no matter to the PC crowd in New York !"

The decision by a New York village to place the Islamic star and crescent alongside the community's official Christmas tree has a Catholic leader wondering if there are any wise men among the town's leaders.

Supervisors for Armonk, N.Y. voted to display a menorah and a star and crescent at tonight's Christmas tree lighting ceremony at the town's gazebo.

"We've decided to go in the direction of being all-inclusive,"North Castle New York Supervisor Ms. Reese Berman told Associated Press.

The village had added the menorah previously. Last year, town resident Asad Jilani, saying the Christmas season is an appropriate time to celebrate all cultures, asked the board to include Islamic symbols as well.

"I said 'Oh, there's a menorah and a Christmas tree and where is my crescent?'" said Jilani.

Berman, who is Jewish, said the town did not have time to adequately address Jilani's request last year and, to not make Muslims feel they were being specifically excluded, the menorah was removed to a local synagogue.

"The last thing I was suggesting was to move the menorah," Jilani said. "I wanted this to be for openness, for representing everyone."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=83620