1. #1 "Out Goes The Jewish Minorah In Comes The Islamic Crescent !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Islamic star and crescent join town's Christmas tree, menorah

'Spirit of inclusion': 'Jesus Christ himself would have gathered everyone around him'
    "Islam didn't exist at the time but no matter to the PC crowd in New York !"

The decision by a New York village to place the Islamic star and crescent alongside the community's official Christmas tree has a Catholic leader wondering if there are any wise men among the town's leaders.

Supervisors for Armonk, N.Y. voted to display a menorah and a star and crescent at tonight's Christmas tree lighting ceremony at the town's gazebo.

"We've decided to go in the direction of being all-inclusive,"North Castle New York Supervisor Ms. Reese Berman told Associated Press.

The village had added the menorah previously. Last year, town resident Asad Jilani, saying the Christmas season is an appropriate time to celebrate all cultures, asked the board to include Islamic symbols as well.

"I said 'Oh, there's a menorah and a Christmas tree and where is my crescent?'" said Jilani.

Berman, who is Jewish, said the town did not have time to adequately address Jilani's request last year and, to not make Muslims feel they were being specifically excluded, the menorah was removed to a local synagogue.

"The last thing I was suggesting was to move the menorah," Jilani said. "I wanted this to be for openness, for representing everyone."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=83620

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Islamic star and crescent join town's Christmas tree, menorah

'Spirit of inclusion': 'Jesus Christ himself would have gathered everyone around him'
    "Islam didn't exist at the time but no matter to the PC crowd in New York !"

The decision by a New York village to place the Islamic star and crescent alongside the community's official Christmas tree has a Catholic leader wondering if there are any wise men among the town's leaders.

Supervisors for Armonk, N.Y. voted to display a menorah and a star and crescent at tonight's Christmas tree lighting ceremony at the town's gazebo.

"We've decided to go in the direction of being all-inclusive,"North Castle New York Supervisor Ms. Reese Berman told Associated Press.

The village had added the menorah previously. Last year, town resident Asad Jilani, saying the Christmas season is an appropriate time to celebrate all cultures, asked the board to include Islamic symbols as well.

"I said 'Oh, there's a menorah and a Christmas tree and where is my crescent?'" said Jilani.

Berman, who is Jewish, said the town did not have time to adequately address Jilani's request last year and, to not make Muslims feel they were being specifically excluded, the menorah was removed to a local synagogue.

"The last thing I was suggesting was to move the menorah," Jilani said. "I wanted this to be for openness, for representing everyone."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=83620
    Didn't some Islamic Cleric recently denounce muslims who celebrate Christmas and do a little more than suggest that they were going to hell for doing so? With that in mind why would they even want to have the Cresent displayed during the holidays? They don't even have a holiday occuring at the same time as Christmas.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

to not make Muslims feel they were being specifically excluded, the menorah was removed to a local synagogue.

Since when did Christianity excliude anyone? Failure to include all Religions (Islam) or religious symbols is not equal to a personal exclusion. Christianity teaches that all may come. You are not excluded from inviting Jesus Christ to be Lord of your life.

If Islamics choose to celebrate a CHRISTIAN HOLIDAY, they are free to do so. I don't require a Cross be displayed at Ramadan celebrations.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I haven't been near the new city center in Warren yet this season, but they used to put out displays on the old one. They always had a manger scene, and a Star of David made of lights. Nobody ever complained about either. I'd bet we have more muslim residents than jewish ones, though (Detroit area jews tend to live in Oakland County).

I don't have a problem with the crescent and star as long as they don't replace an already existing display. I don't see why the menorah couldn't stay.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I haven't been near the new city center in Warren yet this season, but they used to put out displays on the old one. They always had a manger scene, and a Star of David made of lights. Nobody ever complained about either. I'd bet we have more muslim residents than jewish ones, though (Detroit area jews tend to live in Oakland County).

I don't have a problem with the crescent and star as long as they don't replace an already existing display. I don't see why the menorah couldn't stay.
    The Jews themselves decided to bring the Minorah back to temple after the knee jerk PC ruling.""We've decided to go in the direction of being all-inclusive,"North Castle New York Supervisor Ms. Reese Berman(She's a Reform Jew).
    Last edited by megimoo; 12-15-2008 at 10:05 AM.