1. #1 Broward County Officials Admit Nikolas Cruz Was Assigned to School Lenienct Program 
    Broward County school officials in Florida are now admitting that confessed Parkland shooter Nikolas Cruz had been assigned to PROMISE, an Obama-era school discipline program that encouraged teachers and principals not to report threatening and assaultive behavior of minority students to law enforcement in order to appear non-discriminatory.

Tracy Clark, a spokeswoman for Broward Superintendent Robert Runcie, said Sunday the school district had “confirmed” Cruz’s referral to the PROMISE program following his vandalism of a middle school bathroom on November 25, 2013, reports WLRN.

“It does not appear that Cruz completed the recommended three-day assignment/placement,” Clark added, however, stating as well she did not want to “speculate” as to why.

The spokeswoman said Cruz made an appearance at Pine Ridge Education Center in Fort Lauderdale — the PROMISE alternative school facility — for his intake interview the day after the vandalism incident.

Both Runcie and the Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO) said publicly that Cruz did not attend the controversial program that likely inspired the Obama administration’s plan to shrink the “school to prison pipeline.”
    Another Obama fail.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...iency-program/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I don't think that kenyan will leave a very high bar in our history books, nothing he touched was American, he is about as much an American as one of those mullahs in Iran.

I don't think his shooting rampage had anything to do with what school program he was put in to address his behavioral needs. There are always special programs to try to keep kids with delinquency issues in school. Going to school on a daily basis is usually a requirement for kids who have completed their residential programs/reformatories.

Hadn't he been kicked out of the school by the time he committed the shooting? He shouldn't have even been on school grounds.

The school was following obama's guidelines not to report students with problems to the authority's. this led to his bad behavior not being addressed and 17 people died because of this.
    Thanks obama.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think his shooting rampage had anything to do with what school program he was put in to address his behavioral needs. There are always special programs to try to keep kids with delinquency issues in school. Going to school on a daily basis is usually a requirement for kids who have completed their residential programs/reformatories.

Hadn't he been kicked out of the school by the time he committed the shooting? He shouldn't have even been on school grounds.
    The point is, had Cruz been handled properly he would have had a criminal record and/or mental record that would have prevented him from purchasing a gun from a gun dealer (as he did). So whatever was or wasn't done in that program, being in it instead being handled properly enabled his shooting spree.

Was that foreseeable? No and yes. No, in the sense that specific events are not precisely foreseeable. Yes, in the sense that his behavior becoming worse and more violent (and therefore more injurious to others) was entirely foreseeable.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I don't remember any special programs to keep kids with delinquency issues in school back in the late 1950's and 1960's.

These new programs are designed for one purpose only - to assuage the minority community who complain their kids get suspended for actions that don't get white kids suspended which is

Perhaps punching teachers, starting fights in class, raping girls in schools, trashing teachers cars, etc. has been occurring in Detroit have been going on for along time.

Teachers get into trouble for intervening in fights. Especially if "touch" students who are already fighting by trying to push the kids apart.

This kid, along with aberrations like Lanza and all the rest should be locked in a cage, inside a deep cave. Then the cave should be sealed from the cages outward by dynamiting any exists and filling in any openings with reinforced concrete.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    I don't remember any special programs to keep kids with delinquency issues in school back in the late 1950's and 1960's.

These new programs are designed for one purpose only - to assuage the minority community who complain their kids get suspended for actions that don't get white kids suspended which is

Perhaps punching teachers, starting fights in class, raping girls in schools, trashing teachers cars, etc. has been occurring in Detroit have been going on for along time.

Teachers get into trouble for intervening in fights. Especially if "touch" students who are already fighting by trying to push the kids apart.

This kid, along with aberrations like Lanza and all the rest should be locked in a cage, inside a deep cave. Then the cave should be sealed from the cages outward by dynamiting any exists and filling in any openings with reinforced concrete.

The reasons for the programs are to help delinquents transition back into the community after their treatment program is complete. The problem is with who decided to keep Cruz in a diversion program despite his escalating behavior, not with the program itself.

Cruz obviously had some deep-seeded issues. Just from the language used to discuss his back round, I'm pretty sure that he was involved in both the FC and the Delinquency systems. Whereas the workers from those two systems communicate with each other regularly, there are confidentiality issues that prevent them (especially the FC worker) from releasing any information to anyone without the specific permission of either the parents or the court.

I don't think his shooting rampage had anything to do with what school program he was put in to address his behavioral needs. There are always special programs to try to keep kids with delinquency issues in school.
    Then you completely missed the salient points of the article: Both the Sheriff's Office and the School Board lied about Mr Cruz's enrollment into the PROMISE program (which hails Trayvon Martin as an alumnus), and the utter failure of the point of the program which does nothing to get these violent little assholes away from the other children.

He must have missed that particular posting of the regulations since it was most likely located near the "Our school is a gun free zone" line item.

He was assigned to the program, but never went.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.