1. #1 Siri, Alexa, and Google Assistant can be controlled by inaudible commands 
    Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, and Google’s Assistant were meant to be controlled by live human voices, but all three AI assistants are susceptible to hidden commands undetectable to the human ear, researchers in China and the United States have discovered. The New York Times reports today that the assistants can be controlled using subsonic commands hidden in radio music, YouTube videos, or even white noise played over speakers, a potentially huge security risk for users.

According to the report, the assistants can be made to dial phone numbers, launch websites, make purchases, and access smart home accessories — such as door locks — at the same time as human listeners are perceiving anything from completely different spoken text to recordings of music. In some cases, assistants can be instructed to take pictures or send text messages, receiving commands from up to 25 feet away through a building’s open windows.

Researchers at Berkeley said that they can modestly alter audio files “to cancel out the sound that the speech recognition system was supposed to hear and replace it with a sound that would be transcribed differently by machines while being nearly undetectable to the human ear.” Princeton University and China’s Zhejiang University researchers enhanced the attack by first muting the AI device so its own responses would also be inaudible to the user
    https://venturebeat.com/2018/05/10/s...ible-commands/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Nah... There's something funny about Dean Takahashi, the founder of VentureBeat. He became a laughingstock-meme on YouTube.

Ouch!

I can only assume that VentureBeat's assertions rely on an over-elaborate conspiracy involving too many people with too much time on their hands.

It has been known for a while that Alexa responds to commands that are beyond the abilities of humans to hear. Apparently, it was how Alexa was tested in order not to drop people crazy hearing the same thing over and over.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I don't have the Alexa thing. I do have an I-phone, but I have never enabled Suri.

If I had both, I would be paranoid that they were plotting against me. LOL.