Thread: Ammo question

1. #1 Ammo question 
    Anyone ever use Wolf ammunition, specifically for a 9mm?
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

Wolf is Russian made ammo.
    A friend bought a case of 45ACP(he got a great price) and we shot a few hundred rounds at the range back in 2004. I didn't care for it at all. Also, my friends with ARs have nothing good to say about Wolf .223 either.

Besides being very dirty it is not reliable in all guns. It is cheap... but you get what you pay for.

Personally, I only use proven, reliable and well manufactured factory ammo for carry. Federal, Remington, Speer, Winchester, COR-BON, and Hornady make some really good ammo.

Each mfg. makes practice ammo as well as personal protection ammo.
    There's a lot out there. Try several and use what you like.

For competition and practice I uses reloads.

My advice is, if the ammo is for personal protection, do not buy cheap. Get the best.

Hope this helps?
    Secular militants, not Christian conservatives, currently strive to transform America in a way our founders would neither recognize nor approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Spâtha View Post
    Wolf is Russian made ammo.
    A friend bought a case of 45ACP(he got a great price) and we shot a few hundred rounds at the range back in 2004. I didn't care for it at all. Also, my friends with ARs have nothing good to say about Wolf .223 either.

Besides being very dirty it is not reliable in all guns. It is cheap... but you get what you pay for.

Personally, I only use proven, reliable and well manufactured factory ammo for carry. Federal, Remington, Speer, Winchester, COR-BON, and Hornady make some really good ammo.

Each mfg. makes practice ammo as well as personal protection ammo.
    There's a lot out there. Try several and use what you like.

For competition and practice I uses reloads.

My advice is, if the ammo is for personal protection, do not buy cheap. Get the best.

Hope this helps?
    It helps. Thanks for the insight. I was looking to buy a case for target shooting, but I'll take a look at reloads.
    Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.

--Albert Einstein

I buy wolf for my .223, seems to work pretty well at the range. Used to be $4.00 a box, now its 7 something, its only going higher.! Buy it if you can get it at a good price.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Wolf 9MM is fine for busting paper. I wouldn't be concerned about their quality and I've burned thousands of rounds of it through my Walther P99 AS with no issues.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

I've sent lots of wolf ammo crashing into cans and paper, no problem. (.45) You would not expect it to be high grade self protection ammo or match grade ammo, and it is not. Although, I doubt one would want to get hit with one.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

This is one of those 'bang for the buck' issues we all hear about.

Buy foreign made products because they're cheap and work reasonably well - seems to be a good value...
    Don't buy American made products that perform very well, but are more expensive.

From where I sit, lowering one's expectations of performance and purchasing foreign made products seems to fly in the face of American Capitalism.
    Secular militants, not Christian conservatives, currently strive to transform America in a way our founders would neither recognize nor approve.