Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Schumer applauds Trump on moving US Embassy to Jerusalem 
    link

If you read DU you knew this was coming. Bashing Israel and elevating the Palestinians no matter what they do is sacrosanct for many of them, though there are some who push back.

babylonsister (157,020 posts)

Schumer applauds Trump on moving US Embassy to Jerusalem

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...y-to-jerusalem

Schumer applauds Trump on moving US Embassy to Jerusalem
    By Mallory Shelbourne - 05/14/18 10:56 AM EDT

In a rare moment of agreement with President Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Monday praised President the move of the U.S. Embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

“In a long overdue move, we have moved our embassy to Jerusalem. Every nation should have the right to choose its capital,” Schumer said in a statement. “I sponsored legislation to do this two decades ago, and I applaud President Trump for doing it.”

The statement echoed a sentiment Trump expressed in a video message presented at the embassy opening, in which the president said the move had “been a long time coming.”

But the embassy’s official opening Monday was also marked by a bloody day on Israel’s border with the Hamas-controlled Gaza Strip.

The New York Times reported that at least 41 Palestinians were killed and more than 1,700 injured at the border’s barrier.

more...

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...y-to-jerusalem
    BSdetect (4,148 posts)

2. What an appalling thing to agree with.

Why not just shut the fuck up schumer?
    Freethinker65 (3,717 posts)

5. Religion over Country.

Sad.
    Right. The US has their embassy in the CAPITAL CITY of every country but Israel. Every country determines what is their capital city. But the US moving the embassy to the city Israel has designated as their capital city is RELIGION over Country? Smells like anti Semitic pap to me.

alarimer (16,102 posts)

10. Does he not realize how destabilizing this will be?

How many protesters have been shot by IDF thugs at the behest of monsters Netayahu and Trump? 50?

Fuck this bullshit.

LuckyLib (5,318 posts)

11. 50 protesters have now been killed.

Trump’s decision was monumentally foolish. Our nation’s salute to everything Netanyahu is ridiculous.
    Some liberals don't like it that the hecklers veto isn't working THIS time. I would imagine that they have been quite envious, jealous even considering that they've only mastered it to the point of keeping conservative speakers off campuses while the Palestinians have not only most of the world and press hoodwinked but also keep the Israeli's from doing things every other country takes for granted when it comes to their own security.

maryellen99 (2,385 posts)

12. All of this was done to bring about End Times

I think about 85-90% of trump supporters are end timers as well. The deplorables love this.
    Rustyeye77 (1,167 posts)

16. Sure.. Lets blame Israel for..

gratuitous (60,332 posts)

24. Well, we got a few dozen more corpses out of the deal

So, you know, winning.
    And MAYBE if the Palestinians actually suffered repercussions and weren't rewarded for their actions things would change. Liberal foreign policy it to give in to thugs positive that it will bring peace.

awesomerwb1 (1,337 posts)

28. Disappointing from Schumer

praising the dotard does not help our chances in 2018 (or 2020).

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies have always been anti Semitic
    haters, it's what they are.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Let the liberal & DUmmy "jooooos" hate emerge.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUmmies have always been anti Semitic
    haters, it's what they are.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I'm pretty sure Chuckles has been working toward this for several Presidential administrations - probably voted for the relevant law in 1995, when he was in the House - so it's not like this should have been a surprise.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I'm pretty sure Chuckles has been working toward this for several Presidential administrations - probably voted for the relevant law in 1995, when he was in the House - so it's not like this should have been a surprise.
    Most Jewish people I know support the move, and none of them voted for Trump.

I'm not totally against it, I just hate to see the bloodshed that will come of it-I'm not blaming Israel for it, just stating the inevitability of it coming with the move. Additionally, although I respect Bibi for being smart and all, I don't necessarily trust him. He has his agenda, as PM of Israel. His agenda will not always be our agenda.

LuckyLib (5,318 posts)

11. 50 protesters have now been killed.
    Yup, that's what happens when you f**k with the IDF. Those who stayed home are still alive. The palestinians are slow learners.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Power CUer
    What the DUmmies need to understand is that if Obama hadn't been moving trannies into girls' restrooms in 2015, Trump wouldn't be moving the capital of Israel to Jerusalem in 2018.

Damned few Americans cared about the intricacies of the Iran deal. They did, however, care greatly about the safety of their daughters.

I'm still baffled as to why the left will embrace a culture which would forcibly strip all of the positions they hold so dear. LBGT, women's rights, etc.. The Palestinians are everything they accuse the ultra-RW of being.

Doublethink, cognative dissonance, and lots of self medication. With a big helping of pragmatism on top.

Israel is the Jewish nation, which is connected to Christianity, which in their tunnel vision is the source of all the world's problems (because the Bible has the audacity to define good and evil). Therefore, Israel is bad, and anything pushing against Israel is good. Just picture Orwell's sheep bleating.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    I'm still baffled as to why the left will embrace a culture which would forcibly strip all of the positions they hold so dear. LBGT, women's rights, etc.. The Palestinians are everything they accuse the ultra-RW of being.
    Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!