Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 This Is Why Evangelical Christians Love Israel (VICE on HBO, Full Segment) 
    link

Quixote1818 (20,317 posts)

This Is Why Evangelical Christians Love Israel (VICE on HBO, Full Segment)

They really just want to speed up its being invaded by the UN to begin the end of the world.
    There was a video I didn't bring over.

Zing Zing Zingbah (5,011 posts)

1. Yeah, I don't get these people

2. And according to the Bible you can't speed up the apocalypse

It would happen when God wants it to happen and that was set in stone since the beginning of time. They talk about humans not having control of global warming and yet they think they can bring on the apocalypse?
    They're really something, acting as though they are soooooo smart about what Evangelical Christians believe.

I know MANY Christians and I don't know ANY Evangelical Christians that think they can "speed up the apocalypse". But I "know" lots of Atheists and Christian haters who arrogantly and idiotically claim that it is what Christians believe. Ignorant idiots.

3. I guess they didn't get that info in their bible Cliff Notes. Lol! n/t
    SunSeeker (28,943 posts)
    12. Well, they hate everybody, so I guess they want us all to die in the apocalypse.

Assumptions and hate, what else?
    Initech (68,575 posts)
    9. Why do these so called Christians love the apocalypse?

You'd think that they would want to be more like Jesus in that they would want to help their fellow man, instead they're more like Satan and wish nothing but death and destruction.
    Killing unborn babies, homosexuality, enslaving people in financial poverty by handing out a pittance to even those who could work making them dependent on the government and enablng a cycle of hopelessness and helplessness and dividing people for political gain ARE NOT "like Jesus" no matter how often the arrogant manipulative liberals claim it is.

MicaelS (6,957 posts)

18. Because THAT is the only way to ensure Christ returns.

According to Fundamentalist Dogma.
    Why is it the most ignorant that claim they are oh so smart and informed?

cynatnite (29,047 posts)

11. It's all about getting Jesus here...the sooner the better...

I grew up in this stuff and it was always about getting Jesus here, end of the world, anti-christ and all that jazz. It was a weird fascination that creeped me out.
    SunSeeker (28,943 posts)

16. But Jesus' teachings in the Bible don't include any of that end times craziness.

Just like he never condemned homosexuality or abortion.

Yet those three issues form the pillars of their faith. Which to me says they're all just a hate cult who want us all to die in the apocalypse...because they hate us. Hating anyone is in total contravention of what the Bible says Jesus taught us to do.
    Since Jesus IS GOD He certainly did condemn both and did share information about the end times.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

There was a video I didn't bring over.

They're really something, acting as though they are soooooo smart about what Evangelical Christians believe.

I know MANY Christians and I don't know ANY Evangelical Christians that think they can "speed up the apocalypse". But I "know" lots of Atheists and Christian haters who arrogantly and idiotically claim that it is what Christians believe. Ignorant idiots.

Assumptions and hate, what else?
    Killing unborn babies, homosexuality, enslaving people in financial poverty by handing out a pittance to even those who could work making them dependent on the government and enablng a cycle of hopelessness and helplessness and dividing people for political gain ARE NOT "like Jesus" no matter how often the arrogant manipulative liberals claim it is.

Why is it the most ignorant that claim they are oh so smart and informed?

Since Jesus IS GOD He certainly did condemn both and did share information about the end times.
    It's called Armageddon (sp?) not apocalypse... and only the Father knows the the time.The Jewish are STILL God's people, Christians are grafts to the tree that bears fruit. I am still of this world.... and reading the Bible makes me understand what is going on with the madness that has taken control....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I'm not really religious and I agree with you. I know many Christians and none of them believe that. It's the typical strawman made up by a very ignorant person.

Power CUer
    Actually, HBO is wrong here. The alliance between Evangelicals and Israel is not a strictly emotional one: it was an alliance DELIBERATELY courted by Israel in the 1980s. Jerry Falwell was directly involved with Likud party operatives, and his trips to Israel with faithful evangelicals were exercises in identification with conservative Israeli politics.

Why did Israel court American (and other) Evangelicals? Because the Palestianians had finally figured out how to market themselves to the American left--as victims of Israel. It took until the 1980s before the Palestinian cause began to be taken seriously in the US (outside of some academic niches). Israel courted the Evangelicals in self-defense.

Recently, the Israelis were worried that younger Evangelicals were leaving the Zionist fold. If you think about the hard push the Palestianians have been making AND the BDS movement on college campuses, the young are being bombarded with the Palestinian victim and the Israeli killers.

The American government has had a love/hate relationship with Israel. On one hand, the CIA subcontracts to Mossad--think of the Contras in the 1980s. Iran-Contra (Mena) was funding the Contras, but Mossad was training them. On the other hand, Israel's PNAC (Project for the New American Century) was largely for the benefit of Israel and got the US into an overwhelming military situation and the longest war in US history.

Some things are not coincidences. Look at the election of Trump. It starts BEFORE Obama. It starts with PNAC and Cheney wanting to be invading Iran (Israel's biggest fear in the ME) by 2005. Remember those dates? Iraq was 2003. Iran was supposed to be 2005, but the US military balked. That was when Condi Rice suggested a softer approach, which ended up being the Green Revolution in Iran. The idea was to peacefully oust Mahmoud Ahmadinejad by the ballot box (helped along by American intelligence operatives). It didn't work of course. The mullahs backed Ahmadinejad and the "revolution" came to a close. So did Dubya's administration.

Obama's first term was focused on the wars we had going on (Iraq, Afghanistan) as well as aiding the Saudis in Yemen--oh, and completely trashing Libya (thanks, Hillary), complete with the assassination of four Americans, including the Ambassador, who had been to see Congress only a short time before. It seems that Hillary was running weapons to ISIS through Libya and didn't bother to inform the Ambassador.

But it was in Obama's SECOND term (starting in 2013) that things really came to a head.

First this in October 2013:

Look up ex-CIA (are you ever really ex-CIA) Michael Scheuer and you'll find the same message: Israel runs Congress, Israel runs the US, the US must jettison Israel and support the Arab states as per American foreign policy. In 2013, this coincided with the BDS movement on college campuses. BDS (Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions) is a way of treating Israel like South Africa in the 1980s. Here is Dennis Prager's short primer on the thing (yes, it's biased):

College campuses started erupting with BDS marches, actual boycotts and condemnations of Israel from academic associations. College campuses are notoriously leftist, but they are also global in scope, and the BDS movement is global. It also seems to have Soros money backing it. Soros is CIA connected, something which Trump has begun to undo.

Then in 2014/2015 we hear about the negotiations on a deal with Iran. It has actually been going on for quite some time at this point. However, the terms of the deal infuriate Israel and, specifically, Prime Minister Netanyahu, who comes in March, 2015 to give a speech to Congress about the disastrous deal:

Remember that Obama and Kerry were AWOL that day, along with other prominent Democrats.

The deal goes through--not as a treaty, mind you, and not even as a signed agreement. But Obama enforces it with his pen and his phone, regardless of Congressional opinions, which are uniformly negative. This is not a surprise considering that AIPAC is a huge funder of Congress.

I firmly believe that Netanyahu read the writing on the wall: the pro-Palestinian stance of the Obama administration, the BDS movement, the CIA (at least in part) wanting to jettison support for Israel, and even other activism, like the prominence of Linda Sarsour in the feminist movement. And I believe that Netanyahu and Mossad were actively involved in our election in 2016. This is why I think the Russian collusion story is utter nonsense. Russian bots and a set-up with a Russian operative do not collusion make. Nor did Russia have much to lose with a Hillary presidency. However, Israel did. (And so did we.)

And I believe that Netanyahu and Mossad were actively involved in our election in 2016.
    Is there any evidence of this? It wouldn't surprise me given the hatred Obama and many of the Democrats have shown to Netanyahu and Israel. Even before this Obama acted like the Ugly American by being irritated with Netanyahu and leaving him sitting by himself at the White House while he went up to have dinner with his family. Then in his good time he returned to finish the meeting. He's nothing but a passive aggressive jack*ss.

Obama arrogantly denounced Netanyahoo and interfered, using taxpayer money to get Netanyahu's opponent elected. And liberals thought it was just fine for him to do so despite all their America hating rhetoric because we have 'meddled' in other countries politics.

DUpipo, want to know the real reason why Christians support Israel?

I will bless those who bless you,
    And I will curse him who curses you;
    And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.
    Genesis 12:3
    Liberals! The real fascists.

One of my friends just went on a couples trip through our church to Israel. She said it is just amazing to go to the places where the events of the Bible occurred. She and her husband got baptized in the Jordan, and they visited a bunch of archeology sites.

I don't think that an experience like that is limited to Evangelicals. My Jewish ex-supervisor sent her kids on Hillel Foundation trips to Israel when they graduated from college, as her parents had done with her.

Oh yeah, because HBO (Home of the ultra- Christophobic Bill Maher and shows which look for any opportunity they can get to throw in full- frontal nudity) is of course filled with people who are total experts on what Christians believe!

LIkewise!
    In all the hundreds of Christians I've personally known, I've never met a single one who believes that human actions can "Speed up the apocalypse," nor have I come across any online who have in all seriousness believed that. Though, I've seen LOADS of Christophobes on the DUmp and elsewhere who have claimed that's what Christians believe, including an ultra- Christophobic book completely dedicated to childishly insulting the Christian faith (I won't mention its name here, because nobody should ever dignify its existence by opening it, even just for a laugh at the ignorance and bigotry its authors display) which opened by offering a dictionary- esque definition of "Evangelical right" claiming that Evangelicals believe that they can speed up the Apocalypse with every soul they bring to Jesus. When a book starts out with an outright lie, that doesn't exactly bode well for the validity of anything else in it.
    Bigoted, lying, pseudo- intellectual fools who've clearly never met an actual Christian in their lives.

This Is Why Evangelical Christians Love Israel (VICE on HBO, Full Segment)

They really just want to speed up its being invaded by the UN to begin the end of the world.
    I have to admit, I've never heard that line before, not from Christian-Haters ignorant of those they hat AND not in mainstream Evangelical circles in the 48 or 60+ years (depending on whether one considers LCMS "Evangelicals" - I do, but Lutherans' eschatological views are indifferent to the existence or not of Israel). Maybe this idea came from some fringe dude, or maybe it was pulled from a Christian-Haters' rectum of ignorance.

1. Yeah, I don't get these people
    Truer words are rare on DU, yet you yammer on in your ignorance.

2. And according to the Bible you can't speed up the apocalypse

It would happen when God wants it to happen and that was set in stone since the beginning of time.
    Well, DUH-uhhh! Let me give you a "revelation". That is what I've heard taught among Evangelicals, without exception, for as long as I can remember; that would be since the last year or two of Eisenhower's Administration.

3. I guess they didn't get that info in their bible Cliff Notes. Lol! n/t
    Well bless your ignorant heart!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Power CUer
    Is there any evidence of this? It wouldn't surprise me given the hatred Obama and many of the Democrats have shown to Netanyahu and Israel. Even before this Obama acted like the Ugly American by being irritated with Netanyahu and leaving him sitting by himself at the White House while he went up to have dinner with his family. Then in his good time he returned to finish the meeting. He's nothing but a passive aggressive jack*ss.

Obama arrogantly denounced Netanyahu and interfered, using taxpayer money to get Netanyahu's opponent elected. And liberals thought it was just fine for him to do so despite all their America hating rhetoric because we have 'meddled' in other countries politics.
    There is no actual evidence because Mueller isn't looking there. However, there are some indications, like this one: what was that phone call that eventually got General Flynn into trouble with the FBI and Mueller. (Hint: it wasn't about Russia or Russian politics.)

On his way out the door, Barack Obama did something that US Presidents have not done: he had his UN ambassador ABSTAIN from voting on a resolution to condemn Israel for its settlements in the occupied territories. For years, American presidents have vetoed such resolutions, preventing them from getting past the Security Council. Obama, on the other hand, made sure--by abstaining--that the Security Council could pass the resolution. This opens the door to the UN pressuring Israel to end its settlements and vacate the occupied territories. It was a disaster for Israel.

This vote was done in December, 2016, after the US election. The very left wing Vox calls it Obama's "Parting Shot" at both Israel and Trump:

...The Obama administration’s stunning vote was thus a dramatic shift in longstanding US policy. And it was no accident.

The move was Obama’s parting shot at Netanyahu, with whom Obama repeatedly clashed throughout his tenure. As my colleague Zeeshan Aleem writes, although the Obama administration gave Israel a bigger military aid package than any US president in history, and has vetoed past UN condemnations of settlements, Obama had a “tense and at times outright hostile relationship with the right-wing Netanyahu.” Among other things, they clashed over Israeli settlement expansion and the terms of the controversial Iran nuclear deal.

But Obama’s parting shot was also aimed at Trump, who has indicated he wants to take a much stronger pro-Israel stance...
    In addition, Vox makes it clear that Obama was furious at President-elect Trump "meddling" in the UN vote by making personal phone calls, at which Trump was quite effective:

https://www.vox.com/world/2016/12/23...ts-obama-trump
    Indeed, it seems that an unprecedented intervention by Trump himself — in the form of a personal phone call to Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi — is the primary reason why Egypt, which had initially sponsored the UN measure, decided on Thursday to delay the vote indefinitely.

Mere hours before the vote was scheduled to take place, Trump issued a statement on Facebook calling for the US to veto the measure. Shortly after, Egypt announced it would be delaying the vote. Trump spokesperson Sean Spicer later confirmed that Trump had indeed spoken directly with both Sisi and Netanyahu about the proposed Security Council action. Friday’s resolution was sponsored by New Zealand, Malaysia, Venezuela, and Senegal — not Egypt...
    So you have two Presidents with drastically different views on Israel and a Security Council resolution that occurs in the overlap between Presidencies. Obama is trying to hurt Israel on the way out; Trump is trying to set the stage for a new direction with Israel on the way in. Trump has, at this time, already picked an Ambassador for Israel:

https://www.vox.com/world/2016/12/23...ts-obama-trump
    And Trump’s newly named ambassador to Israel, David Friedman — who has been a personal friend of Trump’s for about 15 years — is staunchly pro-settlement.
    Now back to General Flynn. who was part of the incoming Trump administration. Flynn was told by someone in the administration to call the Russian delegation to ask them to either veto the Security Council resolution about Israeli settlements or delay the vote until Trump was inaugurated. The person who ordered Flynn to do this was probably Kushner, according to the Times of Israel:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/kushne...un-resolution/
    According to reports citing anonymous White House officials, one of the “very senior” officials advising Flynn to contact the Russian envoy was Kushner.

Kushner reportedly directed Flynn to contact foreign government officials, including from Russia, about a UN Security Council resolution regarding Israeli settlements.
    Remember that Obama cleared the way for this phone call. Why would he do that? Perhaps to try and catch Flynn (as they did) so he could implicate Trump.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/kushne...un-resolution/
    The White House rejected the idea that Flynn could implicate “anyone” else, as ABC News reported that Flynn would testify that Trump ordered him to reach out to Moscow — news that sent Wall Street shares tumbling.
    But if Obama (and his handlers) knew that Trump was making phone calls himself, why set up Flynn as low-hanging fruit and not just go after Trump himself? The answer has to be that attacking Trump first was either impossible or unwise. Obama's people were already planning the "insurance policy" through the FBI/DOJ small group: McCabe, Page, Strzok, etc. My guess is that the small group couldn't "play" Trump, but that they could manipulate Flynn. Pence aided in the manipulation by claiming that Flynn "misled" him. The Conservative Treehouse has a great analysis of Pence's setting up of Flynn.

Remember, the phone call Flynn made was NOT illegal, it was approved by Obama. Pence must have been part of the RINO/Democrat fight to get Trump impeached. Pence was pushed on Trump, who actually was courting Chris Christie for the VP position. Pence may have been the RINO insurance policy. At the time of Flynn's firing, the liberal Buzz Feed was celebrating Pence's "power" in the Trump White House. Since the Flynn betrayal, Pence has been quiet in the background: one assumes that Pence is no longer in the inner circle.

Meanwhile, Comey made it clear in his testimony that he did not believe Flynn lied. All things considered, it was truly a set-up for the impeachment to get rolling. Flynn would roll on Trump and Trump would be impeached by January, 2018 (at least according to Jeb Bush).

The Flynn phone call was the "evidence" of Russian collusion that would bring the house down. But the phone call had NOTHING to do with Russia or US/Russian relations per se. It did, however, have EVERYTHING to do with Israel and the undermining of the Obama/CIA anti-Israel stance. However, everyone seems to be ignoring the actual content of the phone call, including the Washington Post, which admits the phone call was legal but decides it's worth going after anyway since Trump "did not run a normal transition."

In addition, Flynn's phone call was a failure: the Russians did not accommodate Flynn's request and the Security Council Resolution went through. So Flynn is charged over "lying" about a failed phone call that did nothing to further Trump's foreign policy.

The indictment wasn't about Flynn or his phone call: it was about getting someone to roll on Trump and getting an impeachment underway.

Now with all this against him, how has Trump managed to survive? As Chuck Schumer pointed out, the CIA has "six ways from Sunday" to get back at you:

Trump has to be being protected and by a powerful intelligence agency. My choices, back during the election, were either DIA (military intelligence) or Mossad. I'm still not sure which--it could be both. Trump has evading the bugging of the White House by "renovating" it. My guess is that there is a reason Obama and ValJar moved down the street. Trump has also evaded a sit-down with Mueller and has some very powerful help in doing so. (Remember, any sit-down would be a perjury trap, pure and simple. Just like Flynn. "Lying to the FBI" is a vague and all encompassing charge. If Trump forgets the color of socks that he wore at a meeting and the CIA has video footage, that is lying to the FBI.)

Putting it all together:

1. Obama was anti-settlements and had a contentious relationship with Israel/Netanyahu
    2. CIA (the origin of all of our Presidents since Poppy Bush (who was placed in the Reagan White House) wanted to jettison Israel in favor of Arab/Middle Eastern countries.
    3. Netanyahu is furious enough about the Iran deal that he comes to Congress and makes a well-applauded speech as Obama and Kerry are absent.
    4. Obama/CIA put through the Iran "deal", the BDS movement, and other pro Palestianian actions.
    5. Trump, whose son-in-law is a Zionist and who has a long-term pro-Israel friend whom he is going to make Ambassador, runs for President
    6. Trump wins, much to the shock of the Washington establishment who thought they had control of the election (via electronic voting machines)
    7. CIA/Obama immediately work to stop Trump from being inaugurated (Jill Stein recount, attempt to turn members of the Electoral College)
    8. On his way out, Obama works to insure that Israel's settlements are condemned; Trump works to stop this, but fails
    9. Flynn makes a phone call to the Russian delegation, not about Russia but about this vote on Israel. He does not succeed.
    10. Trump is inaugurated
    11. The witchhunt begins when Comey is fired and drops his "memos" to a buddy in academe. They get "leaked" to the media and the calls for a Special Counsel begin. The insurance policy begins to take effect.
    12. Flynn is indicted--after being set up by Mike Pence. Mueller expects him to roll on Trump.
    13. So far, the roll over hasn't happened. Flynn's sentencing has been delayed, and at least one judge has had to recuse himself.
    14. Meanwhile, America's Israeli embassy opens in Jerusalem, a city that was supposed to be a bargaining chip in peace talks. The Saudi royal family has been rocked by a corruption scandal and a new, pro-Israel Prince is at the helm.
    15. Obama/Hillary/CIA continue to work against Trump, undermining him overseas, especially with Kerry's Iran deal meetings

So yes, I believe that Israel is the crux of why Donald Trump is hated by the CIA/Washington establishment and the reason they want him out.