1. #1 Illinoisans Fleeing State by Tens of Thousands over Taxes and Financial Loss 
    Illinois is losing more citizens than nearly every other state, and according to reports, the biggest reason citizens are leaving is that they can no longer afford to live in the Land of Lincoln.

Certainly, Americans move from place to place for a large variety of reasons. From new jobs, to schooling, to weather and family, Americans are a people motivated by the need for change. But in Illinois, one of the major reasons to seek a change of venue is because the state is simply taxing them out of their homes, according to Chicago’s WGN TV.

According to reports, Illinois alone lost 33,703 citizens to outward migration last year. In 2016, the state lost another 37,508 people. A report by the Chicago Tribune also noted that Chicago has been a net loser of its citizens for the last three years running. And the surrounding county was also a net loser of its population.

Indeed, Chicago is unique in the U.S. for being the only major city that has consistently lost citizens over the last five years. The Tribune’s editorial board even published an editorial saying that it no longer makes any sense to live in Illinois
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...inancial-loss/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

That lovely state taxes the hell out of its citizens. Many of my co-workers lived in Illinois and made that trip across the bridge to St Louis for employment. They all bought gas in Missouri because the gas was so expensive in Illinois.

PS The roads in Illinois are terrible. I guess all that gas tax money isn't going to upkeep of the roads.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    That lovely state taxes the hell out of its citizens. Many of my co-workers lived in Illinois and made that trip across the bridge to St Louis for employment. They all bought gas in Missouri because the gas was so expensive in Illinois.

PS The roads in Illinois are terrible. I guess all that gas tax money isn't going to upkeep of the roads.
    A few city police departments there have been caught using ticketing as a source of extra income.

https://www.leoaffairs.com/small-tow...ions-illinois/

In some cities it's really bad.

The whole state is screwed. The Gov. is talking raising taxes again, and no one is talking cutting spending.
    Klaatu barada nikto

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Taxes were outrageous when I lived there, especially moreso in Chicago/Cook county. It is really falling apart for many reasons. Sad to see, since Chicago is actually a great place to live. Or used to be.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

I think it goes to pay for all the indigent funerals they have to deal with every year thanks to the gang bangers.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I think it goes to pay for all the indigent funerals they have to deal with every year thanks to the gang bangers.
    The taxes also pay for the police overtime to patrol the funerals of gang bangers lest there be retaliation by a rival gang. This has happened several times this year
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    The taxes also pay for the police overtime to patrol the funerals of gang bangers lest there be retaliation by a rival gang. This has happened several times this year
    It most likely goes into the pockets of the Chicago politicians. There's a constant battle between northern Illinois and the Republicans in southern Illinois.

I graduated from a college in central Illinois. Most of the students were from the Chicago area. They called folks from anyplace south of them "yackals"---not sure of the spelling. They were supremely condescending. I told them that the Missouri pols weren't as dirty as the Illinois pols. That endeared me to them.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Liberals! The real fascists.