Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Group Claims Hollywood Not Gay Enough, Wants LGBTQ Characters In HALF Of All Movies 
    The entertainment industry is being called on the carpet by far-left advocacy group GLAAD which has issued a report that found an insufficient amount of LGBTQ characters in films put out by the major studios in 2017.

The organizationís Studio Responsibility Index for 2018 damned the underrepresentation and is shaming Hollywood into increasing the amount of gay and transgenders in movies with a call for half of all films released by 2024 to feature portrayals of those with lifestyles outside of the mainstream.

This would seem to be a shock to many considering the emphasis placed on glorifying homosexuality that the entertainment business has already embraced but as we have seen with various other identity groups, they will never be satisfied until they have it all

https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/gr...of-all-movies/
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

I've been watching General Hospital since I was 14. They have had gay characters over the years. They have a gay male couple, now, but they are rarely on the show. I think for a soap it's kind of a bind-soaps are about promiscuity and it's results, and ABC does not want to portray gay characters as promiscuous. The current gay storyline involves the couple adopting a baby, and there are two pregnant female characters, so I'm guessing a baby switch will be involved.

When they did their infamous "Robin has HIV" story in the 90s, they chose a straight teenaged couple for it. The girl got it from the first boy she had sex with, and he then died from AIDS. It's also an example of "socially conscious programming", like introducing a drug addiction storyline, which they do from time to time. But the drug stories are usually unintentionally funny.

Personally, I think it would alienate part of their audience, not due to homophobia, but due to weariness with being clubbed with clumsy ubiquitous pedantry. But this is Blue-on-Blue, so I'm all for it.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

"This would seem to be a shock to many considering the emphasis placed on glorifying homosexuality that the entertainment business has already embraced but as we have seen with various other identity groups, they will never be satisfied until they have it all"

I'm sure that y'all remember that old phrase "slippery slope" repeated by conservatives at the start of all this idiocy - and mocked & jeered by the libs and accused us of crying "wolf"---!!??

Why are they pushing for 50% of characters being gay when the gay population doesn't come anywhere near that number?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    Why are they pushing for 50% of characters being gay when the gay population doesn't come anywhere near that number?

Reparations.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post

They are pushing a false normative. They want people to believe that LGBTQ people are more common than they actually are. It is an attempt to make an appeal to a logical fallacy that states since most people believe something it must be true.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    They are pushing a false normative. They want people to believe that LGBTQ people are more common than they actually are. It is an attempt to make an appeal to a logical fallacy that states since most people believe something it must be true.

Well said and spot on !
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    They just need to watch more HBO dramas, as those have lots of gay characters.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Personally subscribe to Entertainment Weekly, for trivia research only. It used to be fun to read. 10-15 years ago.

But now every other article makes either derisive comments about President Trump or celebrating the "inclusion" of the latest movie, TV show, book, play, etc. And lamenting the lack of "diversity" amongst characters. Or completely bending over backwards to praise something that is inclusive.

Exhausting at times.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender