1. #1 Crazed liberals find Obama era photo of illegal aliens held in cages, blame Trump 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL!!!

Some liberal activists and journalists scrambled Sunday and Monday to delete tweets and social media posts incorrectly linking the Trump administration to an old photo of detained illegal-immigrant minors being held in a cage.

The 2014 shot was actually taken during the Obama administration.

The photo went viral as liberals — perhaps spurred by unrelated reports that Homeland Security “lost track of” almost 1,500 illegal-immigrant minors after they were released — mistakenly assumed the shot was taken much more recently, and rushed to criticize Trump administration “cruelty.”

“This is happening right now, and the only debate that matters is how we force our government to get these kids back to their families as fast as humanly possible,” former Obama speechwriter Jon Favreau said on Twitter.

Mr. Favreau deleted the tweet, though not before it had been screen-captured.

This was on DU to and they were just fine with
    it even after it was pointed out (by oberliner I think)
    that the pic is from oBAMA time.
    May the FORCE be with you!

There were three anachronistic attacks on Trump this past weekend:

* HHS losing track of hundreds of illegals who were minors;

* This picture of detained minor illegals;

* A series of pictures of rosaries and other personal effects "confiscated" from illegals.

In my line of work I view two of the same sort of issue as a possible pattern. In this case we have three "things" from the Obama era being used to attack Trump, in a period of a few days. I have a hard time not thinking this might have been planned and coordinated rather than a coincidence. Progs generally and the MSM especially are so unwary due to TDS that they wouldn't even recognize it as even a very odd coincidence (which it might be).

ETA: Make that four anachronistic slanderous attacks.
    Last edited by SVPete; 05-29-2018 at 01:00 PM.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

There was also an image of a small bus with child seats in them that some reporter called a children's prison bus.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There was also an image of a small bus with child seats in them that some reporter called a children's prison bus.
    I saw that picture and thought about how useful that bus would be at my office, for bringing babies in for visits.

But my question about the photo is a practical one-where are the supervising adults sitting if all the seats have baby seats in them? Who hauls 20+ infant and toddlers around without a couple of non-driving adults to supervise them? Change their diapers? Feed them bottles?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I saw that picture and thought about how useful that bus would be at my office, for bringing babies in for visits.

But my question about the photo is a practical one-where are the supervising adults sitting if all the seats have baby seats in them? Who hauls 20+ infant and toddlers around without a couple of non-driving adults to supervise them? Change their diapers? Feed them bottles?
    They get to sit on the floor of course!!! Unless it's
    another PhotoShop.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Not to mention getting them out the emergency exit at need.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    They get to sit on the floor of course!!! Unless it's
    another PhotoShop.
    I think the pic is real, but possibly a bus manufacturer's, "This is what we can do," marketing photo, and possibly not very recent. Besides the glaring omissions nw pointed out, all the infant seats are facing forward. Current practice is for child carseats to be rear-facing until somewhere around age 2-4 (based on height and weight rather than age).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    https://www.geogroup.com/News-Detail/NewsID/428
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

The 'aluminum foil" blankets are probably "Space Blankets" and other names.

They are especially low-weight, low-bulk blanket made of heat-reflective thin plastic sheeting.

Their design reduces the heat loss in a person's body.

Their compact size before unfurling and light weight makes them ideal when space or weight are at a premium. They may be included in first aid kits and also in camping equipment. Lost campers and hikers have an additional possible benefit: the metallic surface appearance flashes in the sun, allowing use as an improvised distress beacon for searchers and also as a method of signaling over long distances to other people on the same route as the person who owns the blanket.

A friend used these when he hiked on the Appalachian Trail about ten years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_blanket
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys