Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Thermal Thursday! 
    Heh. Catchy, huh? Actually, it's a book title, rather obscure, but has some meaning to me. Doubt anyone will really get it. Supposed to be another blistering humid day, filled with afternoon thunder-boomers....and thanks to the deluge of rain the past few days I gotta get out and mow the yard before it starts to pour in 5 or 6 hours....but I need Mother Nature to dry out the damn grass first.

TOTD: If you could be in any one place right now, where would it be? Doesn't have to be outer-frigging-Mongolia, can be simple or whimsical, doesn't matter, up to you. My choice would be somewhere in the Keys, no tourist-trap, someplace quiet and private, a beach with few people and lots of sun, a cool ocean breeze, some shady palms above me and a cold beer and a book. To me, that's paradise, folks.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Power CUer
    TOTD: [Doing the Samantha tinka-tinka nose twitch]: I'd transport myself immediately to Santorini. I thought I was going this fall, but plans changed. Someday soon.

gator
    I was planning to go shooting this morning but rain all over the area, especially where the range is located. I think I will just take a late morning rany day nap.

I like it where I am at. No need to go anywhere else.

By the way DS, there are very few beaches in the Keys. I think there is a manmade one in Key West and one at the park near the Seven Mile Bridge but not very many more.

Right now I'd like to be on the Appalachian Trail.

Gator is right about the Keys. I went there last year and was surprised at the lack of beaches. There are some beautiful places there, but I'm used to pretty wide expansive beaches and that wasn't it. Still beautiful though.

TOTD: A couple. One would be my family's new vacation cabin in Canada, where my parents are right now. I'll be going there in late July, but I want to be there now!
    Another choice would be the Universal Studios theme park resort, with a full pass for both Universal and Islands of Adventure. I went to Islands of Adventure a couple weeks ago, but regrettably wasn't able to go on either of the two excellent water- themed rides in the Toon Lagoon section of the park due to time constraints. I'd like to go on those, and in Universal, see the Shrek show and go on the new Simpsons ride.

We had a lot of thunderstorms last night and a little rain. I hoping for more rain tonight.

TOTD: At this particular moment in time I'd like to be at home operating an industrial tiller. I had a new idea for a piece of wasteland and I'm anxious to try it out. :)

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I was planning to go shooting this morning but rain all over the area, especially where the range is located. I think I will just take a late morning rany day nap.

I like it where I am at. No need to go anywhere else.

By the way DS, there are very few beaches in the Keys. I think there is a manmade one in Key West and one at the park near the Seven Mile Bridge but not very many more.
    Well, yes, you are correct....it has been a LONG time since I was last in the Keys (umm, about 16 years) but even someplace near the water down there then. Or Sanibel, Captiva....or one of those beautiful beaches on St. Pete/Clearwater area, too.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
    Well, yes, you are correct....it has been a LONG time since I was last in the Keys (umm, about 16 years) but even someplace near the water down there then. Or Sanibel, Captiva....or one of those beautiful beaches on St. Pete/Clearwater area, too.
    Yeah, ummm, I have grown weary of the whole "beach scene". I'll take London. I'm pretty sure I won't have to see too many umbrella drinks there.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

The island "Cast Away" was filmed on: Monuriki. With a knife, sun glasses and nothing else, for 6 months.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Yeah, ummm, I have grown weary of the whole "beach scene". I'll take London. I'm pretty sure I won't have to see too many umbrella drinks there.
    Spoil sport...and yes, our next family vacation WILL be to the Keys....dear. :D