Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I always admired her purses when I was waiting in line to buy something at The Rack. I can't afford anything that is locked on to the display rack.

It's sad. She was receiving treatment and medications, which is what we tell everyone to do.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I always admired her purses when I was waiting in line to buy something at The Rack. I can't afford anything that is locked on to the display rack.

It's sad. She was receiving treatment and medications, which is what we tell everyone to do.
    Sometimes, an increase in meds can cause suicidal ideation. I have to wonder about that every time I hear about a suicide when someone was on meds or just had their meds upped.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Sometimes, an increase in meds can cause suicidal ideation. I have to wonder about that every time I hear about a suicide when someone was on meds or just had their meds upped.
    Or a change in medications. Some medications are supposed to be antidepressants and end up making the person more depressed. Prozac (and related drugs like Zoloft) is one of those types of drugs that can be a miracle for some patients with depression and a nightmare for others. I think Del Shannon was on Prozac when he committed suicide.

If someone is abusing other drugs in addition to their prescribed antidepressants, it can also contribute to suicidal ideation. Probably not weed, but alcohol or even OTC drugs like Benadryl can make it worse.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Or a change in medications. Some medications are supposed to be antidepressants and end up making the person more depressed. Prozac (and related drugs like Zoloft) is one of those types of drugs that can be a miracle for some patients with depression and a nightmare for others. I think Del Shannon was on Prozac when he committed suicide.

If someone is abusing other drugs in addition to their prescribed antidepressants, it can also contribute to suicidal ideation. Probably not weed, but alcohol or even OTC drugs like Benadryl can make it worse.
    I had heard from a friend of a friend of the family that both Kate and Andy Spade had drug and alcohol issues for a long time. I imagine the combination of meds and recreational drugs was not a good one.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I had heard from a friend of a friend of the family that both Kate and Andy Spade had drug and alcohol issues for a long time. I imagine the combination of meds and recreational drugs was not a good one.
    So, a "source says"? Just kidding...
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender