1. #1 Medical History: The Exciting True Story of Blowing Smoke Up One’s Arse 
    https://naturespoisons.com/2014/07/2...o-smoke-enema/

Once upon a time in 1774 two London doctors, William Hawes and Thomas Cogan, founded “The Institution for Affording Immediate Relief to Persons Apparently Dead From Drowning”, or TIFAIRTPADFD, for short. These sorts of humane societies for the nearly drowned and dead were popular in these times, with similar chapters throughout Europe. But what set the good Drs. Hawes and Cogan apart from the rest was their unique sense of style: the tobacco smoke enema.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Great Grandmother was born in the late 1800s, one of her remedies for fire ant bites on we grandchildren was to put snuff on the bite. 1949 I can remember a time I was sitting on a cement curb in front of her old house in Hempstead Tx, the road itself was that old red pebble rock very fine and small, I was just a toddler but in those days there were no cars on the road so it was perfectly fine to sit there on the curb and feel the cold wet pebbles between the toes. One thing they had a lot of was those big ants and I got that snuff treatment often, the woman dipped that Brown Bottle Blue labeled Garrett snuff and nothing but Garrett, she was particular. Her long life was due to good genes and her daily ritual of having one egg, one slice of toast, one half of a grapefruit or a slice of cantaloupe, which ever she had. She ate that for her entire adult life. There was always a hot toddy mid day, I am sure she had that toddy for at least 50 years or longer, they didn't have these expensive blood pressure drugs we use today it was a good quality bourbon that most in her era used.