1. #1 A Quora answer... why is CA becoming more conservative? 
    One of the worst school systems

Highest taxes

Cap and trade and gas tax resulted in $4.00 gas (today)

Highest poverty rate in the US

Highest homeless rate in the US

Non violent felons let out of prison. A rape that does not include a knife or a gun is 'non violent'.

Worst traffic in the US — even worse than Beijing when I was there five years ago

Spending billions of dollars on a high speed train in the central valley. It needs tens of billions more, is economically infeasible, and not wanted. We need water reservoirs, not worthless trains.

Sanctuary state has caused quite a few deaths at the hands of illegal aliens

School lunch is good. But school provided breakfast teaches children that parental responsibility is less important because the government will take care of you.

Worse than awful center city schools

Regulation of everything: cow farts (yes. Really), grocery bag tax, a clergyman can't give a bible to someone suffering from gender dysmorphia, outlaw fois gras, free college education for illegals — not for anyone else.

Hundreds of thousands non-citizens registered to vote. Maybe millions. Proven: 6% of non-citizens actually do vote.

Level of business regulation is insane. You need 14 separate permits to open a diner.

50% of K-12 schools AND university employees do not teach. This is an unheard of level of overhead and drives educational cost way up.

Air Resources Board makes it impossible to open a furniture finishing company.

New requirements to install solar panels on all new residential homes will raise costs between $10,000 and $30,000 per house, where housing costs are so high that many working poor live in their cars.

Many, many, thefts, each less than $950 still do not constitute a felony — so all that happens is a ticket.

Workers comp actually injures workers

If you buy a car in another state and it has less than 7,500 miles on it, you cannot register it in California-- ever.

An extinct 2″ long fish is more important than drinking water

Homeless in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego have contagious hepatitis

Streets in LA and San Francisco are covered with human feces and used needles.

And this from a retired collitch prof.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

See Dan Ashley’s answer here and look at the comments. There may be hope for the state yet.

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Califor...g-conservative
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi