1. #1 Charles Krauthammer Says He Has Weeks To Live 
    Just came across this on Facebook from Fox News. It's a letter to everyone from Charles:

I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me.

In August of last year, I underwent surgery to remove a cancerous tumor in my abdomen. That operation was thought to have been a success, but it caused a cascade of secondary complications – which I have been fighting in hospital ever since. It was a long and hard fight with many setbacks, but I was steadily, if slowly, overcoming each obstacle along the way and gradually making my way back to health.

However, recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over.

I wish to thank my doctors and caregivers, whose efforts have been magnificent. My dear friends, who have given me a lifetime of memories and whose support has sustained me through these difficult months. And all of my partners at The Washington Post, Fox News, and Crown Publishing.

Lastly, I thank my colleagues, my readers, and my viewers, who have made my career possible and given consequence to my life’s work. I believe that the pursuit of truth and right ideas through honest debate and rigorous argument is a noble undertaking. I am grateful to have played a small role in the conversations that have helped guide this extraordinary nation’s destiny.

I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life – full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living. I am sad to leave, but I leave with the knowledge that I lived the life that I intended.
    I'm truly crushed to hear this. A great conservative voice is about to be silenced but his legacy will live on.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Just came across this on Facebook from Fox News. It's a letter to everyone from Charles:

I'm truly crushed to hear this. A great conservative voice is about to be silenced but his legacy will live on.
    This is sad. In my experience, the cancer is always more aggressive when it comes back.

That's sad, but he showed real grace in the statement he made, and by thanking his colleagues.

He is a brilliant, classy, and thoughtful person.

I hate cancer. Today I had the news that the dear 90 year old father of my best friend in St Louis had the cancer return after 2 years of treatment. He is a wonderful old guy who loves his family and is fighting to somehow beat that lousy disease. I'd appreciate prayers for him that he gets another respite and makes it to his 91st birthday in August.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's sad, but he showed real grace in the statement he made, and by thanking his colleagues.
    Yes he did. The current generation seems to have lost that kind of dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    He is a brilliant, classy, and thoughtful person.

I hate cancer. Today I had the news that the dear 90 year old father of my best friend in St Louis had the cancer return after 2 years of treatment. He is a wonderful old guy who loves his family and is fighting to somehow beat that lousy disease. ]I'd appreciate prayers for him that he gets another respite and makes it to his 91st birthday in August.
    Will do, SLW.

Cancer is such a dreadful, almost evil, thing ...

And I feel for him and his loved ones.

I pray the dear old guy makes it to his 91st. birthday!

American By Choice ~ 1980

As for Charles Krauthammer ...

I loved him, and still do.

It makes me cry. He is so brave, and so thankful for the life he has lived.

May we all be able to say the same, when our time comes.

American By Choice ~ 1980

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    A terrible loss, he is a great American.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    Will do, SLW.

Cancer is such a dreadful, almost evil, thing ...

And I feel for him and his loved ones.

I pray the dear old guy makes it to his 91st. birthday!
    Thank you so much. My friend is so lucky to have her dad so long. My wonderful father died when I was in my mid-30's. It devastated me, as I had been away from St Louis for 7 years, in San Antonio. I'm praying that they one day defeat cancer. It's such a cruel disease.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    As for Charles Krauthammer ...

I loved him, and still do.

It makes me cry. He is so brave, and so thankful for the life he has lived.

May we all be able to say the same, when our time comes.
    It has been very sad news for sure.